Can't load photos

Tried several times, it always says too big. These are pictures from my old iPhone 5 they can't e that big

Two things I'll recommend, If you can crop the pics some, crop them. Typically that's all it takes to get any pic deemed "too large" onto a post here. Second suggestion, use a site called "tinypic.com" go to upload and upload any pic from your computer.

When you get to "Resize", I use "Message Board" (640x480) and that always works. Then use "upload now" click on full size pic, and upload to PC and use from PC to forum.

Sounds invollved, but takes less time that it to me to explain here... :D

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Tried several times, it always says too big. These are pictures from my old iPhone 5 they can't e that big

Check the properties of your pic's you are trying to load. If the pixel size is greater than 1000 x 1000 it will fail to upload.
Resize to 800 x 600 or so and it should work.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
IPhone pics are typically too big to post as-is unless you have the photo resolution set to a lower setting than the default high-resolution settings. Resize them to 800x600, or in the future, adjust the photo resolution on your phone to a smaller size before you take the pics. I always have to resize pics before posting them. You can use almost any online photo site, or download a photo editing software.

wvdawg

Staff member
right click on the picture
select edit
select resize
select pixels
change the largest setting (horizontal or vertical) to 1000
select save
rename and save picture (I just add R to name for resized.)

Permitchaser

right click on the picture
select edit
select resize
select pixels
change the largest setting (horizontal or vertical) to 1000
select save
rename and save picture (I just add R to name for resized.)

That did not work but I uploaded one from my phone that was not resized

wvdawg

Staff member
That one is posted - all be it sideways - shows 1000 x 750 pixels which fits forum requirements.