New Timney Tikka Trigger

wareagle700

These things are nice! Installation involves removing and replacing 1 screw. The factory Tikka trigger wasn't bad but these make it even better, light and smooth first stage and then it breaks like a glass rod with no perceivable over-travel. Will report back once I get some time behind it but so far I am very pleased.

Robert28

Very nice! I'm going to buy a 510 for my 700 adl sometime in the future. I can get them from dealers for around $108-116 but they come at 3lbs. If you order directly from Timney they cost more but you can have them set at the poundage you want. Did you get a free lollipop?

Dub

Timney makes some really sweet triggers.

One has been in my M700 .270 for several years.

That being said....the factory trigger that came in my Tikka T3 .270WSM was really nice right outa the box. I've got to get some trigger time with it on the range, though....may adjust it some.

Last edited:

wareagle700

Timney makes some really sweet triggers.

Had one in my M700 .270 for several years.

That being said....the factory trigger that came in my Tikka T3 .270WSM was really nice right outa the box. I've got to get some trigger time with it on the range, though....may adjust it some.

Yeah the factory trigger is good. I usually back the pull weight screws out until they touch the head of the bolt that holds the trigger assembly in place. In the 3 factory Tikka triggers that I've had, its given me a great 2.5-3lb pull.

My TRG-22 has got me wanting 2-stage triggers in all my bolt guns though.

Dub

Yeah the factory trigger is good. I usually back the pull weight screws out until they touch the head of the bolt that holds the trigger assembly in place. In the 3 factory Tikka triggers that I've had, its given me a great 2.5-3lb pull.

Understood.

You are going to enjoy shooting that one.

Virtually impossible to get next-level accuracy without a proper trigger. :cool:

Jester896

Senior Clown

I see where Geissele has a new one out for the 700 that will work as either a SS or 2 Stage. They come set to one or the other but you can do either with them. And for about the price of a Jewell.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Figured it was just a matter of time.

I'm happy with my factory trigger though.

rmp

A Timney is a good move for a Tikka. Factory is good but there is the slightest bit of creep in some.

If you like a 2-stage, for a 700 or clone, give Bix & Andy a try. I sold my last Jewell and a Calvin Elite recently to buy another B&A. Adjustable on the 1st stage pull weight, length of the first stage pull, 2nd stage pull weight, and the sear engagement. Awesome product.

Yotedawg

A Timney is a good move for a Tikka. Factory is good but there is the slightest bit of creep in some.

That has always been the problem with Tikka triggers. And efforts to adjust the creep out would block the safety. A built in feature to keep people from adjusting them. I would like to try one of the Timneys.