6.5 creedmore ammo

fiddlinduke

All 6.5 creedmore users. What ammo are you finding performs best on big game? I haven't shot anything yet to see what shoots best out of my new creedmore,but i am mainly interested what kind of ammo kills best both short and long range.

deast1988

My experience one season, 4 kills.

Copper Creek 140gr Elite Hunter Bergers

1st deer 95yds center of chest Facing me, knocked down got up 10yds finished. No exit, wasn't expecting one. Insides were toast surprised deer was able to stand back up.

2nd 160yds high and back double lungs no major bones hit, golf ball wound channel deer ran 75yds with a faint blood trail but watched it crash.

3rd 60yds right behind shoulder deer went 20yds heart lungs toast. Exit size of a baseball, blood trail was buckets.

4th I wanted to try a center mass shoulder shot. One to see how creed would do on heavy bone, 2nd to see how Berger would do on heavy bone. It was instant lights out, extreme shock lost a pile of shoulder meat. Bullet appeared to explode but again tennis ball exit hole 2/3in hole out the other side. Both shoulders were broke. This was a 45yd shot.

My summary my gun likes them under 1in groups. Deer all have been smoked with them I'll keep using.

jmoser

For hunting purposes this cartridge is almost indistinguishable vs the .260 Remington. Plenty good choices in various bullet constructions. I have found Nosler Accubonds make a great versatile combo of accuracy and terminal performance in many different calibers. They make a long range version that would be a good choice for the 6.5 if you want to push beyond 300 yards.

acurasquirrel

My buddy and I took antelope this past fall with Nosler 142gr handloads. One shot was about 160 yard and low. Basically blew out the bottom of the chest cavity left a blood trail like no other. The other was a bit over 200 yards and right behind the shoulder and left a nice wound cavity.

Louie270WSM

All 6.5 creedmore users. What ammo are you finding performs best on big game? I haven't shot anything yet to see what shoots best out of my new creedmore,but i am mainly interested what kind of ammo kills best both short and long range.

Hornady 143 grain Eld-x. Shot 3 bucks so far over two years. First deer shot high shoulder and DRT. 2nd deer shot quartering away, ran 5 yards and dropped. 3rd deer shot quartering away, ran 20 yards. All deer had massive internal damage.

fiddlinduke

I am leaning tothe hornady eld but possibly the 147gr eldm anyone using them? Of course my gun needs to like them also

deast1988

I don't know the B.C. Difference between the 140berger, 143ELDX, 142Accubond, 147gr ELDM.

But I've seen folks post 600-900yd elk with some of them. On 6.5 creedmoor forums. Those long skinny 6.5 bullets supersonic over distance are wicked.

A guy over there posted 2/3 cow elk kills with the 140berger elite hunters at the 750yd range. If you place it right. The 140gr range bullets should be more then adequte for deer up to large game.

Chase4556

I shoot the 140eld-m and 143eld-x

I have shot animals with the eld-m and the bullet performed great, the ELD-x is supposed to be their hunting bullet so I'd bet it would do very well. I have not shot anything with the ELD-x.

Said that to say this. What I like the best, is out of my Ruger Precision Rifle, the two bullets have the same zero at 100yds. Every gun may be different, but it worked out for me. They both shoot great, and with the same zero all I have to do is reference a dope chart for the bullet and I can make long distance shots.

Hate having to zero for paper punching, and then zero for hunting ammo.

shane256

I don't know the B.C. Difference between the 140berger, 143ELDX, 142Accubond, 147gr ELDM.

But I've seen folks post 600-900yd elk with some of them. On 6.5 creedmoor forums. Those long skinny 6.5 bullets supersonic over distance are wicked.

A guy over there posted 2/3 cow elk kills with the 140berger elite hunters at the 750yd range. If you place it right. The 140gr range bullets should be more then adequte for deer up to large game.

A guy on another forum I read often says he's used 120gr copper bullets for years on elk (bulls, too) out of 6.5x55 and .260Rem and hasn't lost an elk yet and he doesn't recover bullets (all are pass-through). I think his shots are under 300yds, generally.

Bill Mc

Don't have a Creedmore but a 6.5x55 Swede with a 129 grain bullet has done a real good job on Georgia whitetails. 4 shots high behind the should, 4 down dead deer. No tracking.