Live From The Tree for a couple hours

rosco772001

Sitting 20 ft up a monster cottonwood . Standing beans 20 yards to my south standing corn 40 yards to my north and small turnip patch between me and the timber To my west. Light sw wind and 70 degrees . Water holes on the way in we're down to just mud . Fingers crossed tonight!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hey Jim! Give us a rundown on where your going to be this year! Cant wait to follow again!

Glad yall are as ready as we are.:cool:

We leave around the 18th and head to newly improved on farm in MO. Last year we had a farm in MO and went to look at 190 acres about 2 hours away. Fell in love with the 190 and Gary pulled the trigger immediately with first rights on 950 adjoining acres. We hunted it and it was everything we thought and more so the trigger was then pulled on it all. We added 8 more members to cover the farm. Welsh and Scott and Chris and Cason and Jim and Joel and Paul and one fella I havent met. Hopefully everyone will be posting fools! It may be a work in progress, but I feel certain a few bucks will fall this year!

Then on Nov 5 me, bubba and scott leave for our outfitter spotlight returning to Kansas Farmland Outfitters. Last year our group went 7 for 8 on giants and can only hope for a repeat.

After that week me and bubba head north to meet up with friend Duane and Peggy in Nebraska. Because of the logistics and distance from our other farms, we almost let this go year, but Bubba talked me into it again and I am happy he did. We plan to be there for 5-10 days. During that time Scott will most likely split off and head to his IL farm where he has some serious beasts on cam every year but hasnt put it all together yet. This will be his year for sure! He is def due.

After NE, we swing back down to MO to run until thankgiving when we will run home for a couple days where I will get some Indiana and possibly Illinois days on stand.

After turkey day back to Missouri to finish the ride thru Dec 12th give or take a few days.

Man this is gonna be epic again!!!!! :yeah:

rosco772001

Back at it . Sitting over turnips and clover on the edge of a timber that turns into pasture ground . Cool 61 degrees with a sse wind in my left ear . Good spot let's see what happens!!!!

rosco772001

Hands down the best feeling night in the Illinois woods so far this season . Sitting on the edge of a been field wth a small clover patch to my left against the timber and turnips between me and the beans . 55 degrees with stiff nw wind . Feels like fall . Did a scout trip on another farm on Friday and saw over a dozen large scrapes opened up . Bout two hrs to go . I passed a solid 145 half mile time west a few nights ago right at last light . Should be good evening . Good luck to all in a tree.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Roscoe, I'll start a new thread in a few days for the full fledge show. Hang tight in the trees brother

rosco772001

In the tree with two hrs to spare. Got three fresh scrapes within 45 yards . I'm about 100 yards inside the timber . Fingers crossed. Jim cant wait to hear all you guys reports. I have 3 more days of work an am on vacation for the next 5 weeks ����

rosco772001

Few does this evening and one nice buck at last light. The buck peed in the scrape in his way to the field . And holy cow Did he make the timber stink. Things are going to Start getting good here in Illinois . Weather is staying cool and alot of reports of big deer already moving