what is the "Sportsman's" license?

Troy Butler

it has the hunting, fishing, trout stamp, and wma stamp encluded in just one license. If you dont hunt on wma's or trout fish I don't think I would buy.

it gives you some extras at a combo reduced price as opposed to buying each seperate, but something you may not need
so get out the calculator and see which way to go

Sportsman License is a single license that covers all sport hunting and fishing licenses except: Deer dog license (free of charge for Sportsman License holders), Alligator License & Federal Duck Stamp. This license specifically includes the H.I.P Permit and Hunting, Primitive Weapons, Big Game, WMA, Georgia Waterfowl Conservation, Fishing and Trout Licenses.

sman

Everything I need but a Federal Duck Stamp.

35 Whelen

SPORTSMAN'S LICENSE is a license that covers
all hunting and fishing privileges excluding:
Dog Deer License, Alligator License, and
Federal Duck Stamp. This license specifically
includes Hunting, Big Game, WMA, Georgia
Waterfowl Conservation, Fishing and Trout
Licenses. Migratory bird hunters must
obtain a H.I.P. license. Deer hunters must
obtain a deer harvest record. Dog Deer
hunters must obtain a Dog Deer license
(free of charge).

Coastie

Remember too that the Sportsmans license which includes a WMA stamp also covers you for fishing on PFAs and those WMAs that now require a GORP (Georgia Outdoor Recreation Pass). Overall it is a great buy.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Also remember that it doesn't include a corp permit. It's real easy to enter corp land from West Point WMA.

i feel its the best value out there. it never fails - when i think i dont need it - i end up having to go back and buy something. so i buy one anyways anymore.

Yessir...

jcountry

I got me a Lifetime License last year... It is expensive, but I have the feeling they will jack up the price soon. The state is hurting for cash.

It really starts to look like a good deal when you consider all the GORP fees they now charge for stuff at WMAs and all the various license put together. I was spending @80 or more per year anyhow.

Plus-If you know a kid who likes to hunt and fish, there is a big discount for a Lifetime license. Would make a real good Christmas present! Also-a good discount for Veterans.

-Glad I got mine. I could definitely see the state jacking up the fees at any time!

BIG HUNT

its a great deal and i buy mine every year. i pay $55 and i get a $2.75 discount for renewing my license early.

georgia_home

Rip,

One other thing to consider is a life license. It depends on your age and hunting habits, but it may benefit you.

I think $500 forever vs I think like 50 or 60 for sportsmanship. Life covers every STATE charge! (doesn't include fed, duck or other permits)

Just something extra to consider, 10-12 year payback and good even of you move out of state.

Buddgriff

it gives you some extras at a combo reduced price as opposed to buying each seperate, but something you may not need
so get out the calculator and see which way to go

Sportsman License is a single license that covers all sport hunting and fishing licenses except: Deer dog license (free of charge for Sportsman License holders), Alligator License & Federal Duck Stamp. This license specifically includes the H.I.P Permit and Hunting, Primitive Weapons, Big Game, WMA, Georgia Waterfowl Conservation, Fishing and Trout Licenses.
dose the sportsman cover alligator

ucfireman

yep, everything you can hunt except the federal duck stamp.
You still have to get drawn for the alligator quota though. Its not an open season.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
dose the sportsman cover alligator
yep, everything you can hunt except the federal duck stamp.
You still have to get drawn for the alligator quota though. Its not an open season.

Incorrect. The Sportsman covers most state hunting & fishing privileges but excludes Gator and the Federal duck stamp.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
When I turn 50 gonna get a lifetimes sportsmans license

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !