See many Osprey your way?

GAJoe

See many Osprey your way? Your setup would be good for them in flight,,,,

Funny you asked. There is one pair that hang around this little lake (28 acre) in the spring each year. I've only seen one of them a couple times this year. Got the first three after cutting grass on Saturday (major crops). The last one from last spring is my favorite.

Attachments

• _O2A0869-2.jpg
    _O2A0869-2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 168
  • _O2A0870-2.jpg
    _O2A0870-2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 167
  • _O2A0880-2.jpg
    _O2A0880-2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 168
  • _O2A1553FM.jpg
    _O2A1553FM.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 167
  • _O2A1576FM.jpg
    _O2A1576FM.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 168

Cmp1

BANNED
Great pic's as usual,,,, man I love the Osprey,,,, we have many up here,,,, just beautiful,,,, along with your pictures,,,, when they soar the hills up here, the altitude they achieve is amazing,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics! There is a pair that nests every spring on a point on the lake near my place in SC. This year, a pair of eagles built a nest about 300 yards from the osprey nest, and a crow had a nest about 200 yards away in the other direction. The last time I was down there a few weeks ago, there was a lot of drama going on in that cove, to say the least. :)

Cmp1

BANNED
Those wings are just a work of art,,,, nature and God,,,, no way man could ever come close to duplicating them,,,,

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Beautiful pics! We do see them from time to time around our parts

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I love to watch them hover, then fold those wings and drop like a bullet on a fish. They don't come back up empty many times, either.

wvdawg

Staff member
Awesome!

Cmp1

BANNED
I was fishing a bank last year,,,, a pair scared the daylights out of me, had my camera, not enough time to get the rod down and grab the camera,,,, loud on takeoff,,,, they should be back up here soon,,,,

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I watched a pair of ospreys harassing an eagle on the Toccoa a few weeks back. They're all territorial.

GAJoe

Thanks all!

fredw

Retired Moderator
Great pics.

We have a large nesting population of osprey's on Lake Oconee. One of the first signs of spring each year is the return of the ospreys for nesting.

GAJoe

thanks!