2018 Snapper season

Georgiagator

I am gonna be at mexico beach from june 8 to the 13 I have a 20 hydra sport and I have been out 40 miles in it when the seas are right so if any of yall want to get together i ususlly keep my radio on ch 14 just give me a call

Chas

5 to 10

There are plenty of snapper within 5 to 10 miles out...Don't have to go that far to find fish...#s aren't hard to find if you look around! I fill the boat with a limit just about every trip.

Rabun

I am gonna be at mexico beach from june 8 to the 13 I have a 20 hydra sport and I have been out 40 miles in it when the seas are right so if any of yall want to get together i ususlly keep my radio on ch 14 just give me a call

I will be at the cape 6/12-17 with my boat...25 foot bay boat. Looks like I will miss you...would have liked to hook up and tag along on an off shore run. Would you mind reporting back on how you did...maybe give me a couple of pointers.

Good luck!

Georgiagator

if i find a real good spot i will send ya the numbers
just got my chip in for that area hope its as good as the one i have for keatons area

kingfish

Fished the Reeling For Kids Tournament out of Steinhatchee last weekend before the season opened. The snapper were so thick, the only way we caught our grouper was on butterfly jigs. Every live and cut bait was intercepted by big red snapper. We caught them trolling Stretch 30's and we caught them slow trolling ribbonfish for kings way up the water column. Put out a 3 lb Jolthead Porgy on a balloon and a giant red snapper ate it. The thing that was weird and kind of concerned me is the areas that were loaded with snapper, I could not sabiki a bait up off the bottom, not one bait not once. As soon as we brought a snapper up, the whole herd would follow it up from the bottom. Same with flat lining, nothing but snapper. The good thing is that if they had been in season, every fish would have been in between 15-20 lbs or better. Good luck to everyone !!!

Rabun

Been having a pretty good week here on Cape san blas...when we can get on the water. Monday we got within 2 miles of our numbers and had to run for the hill due to huge thunderstorms that blew up. Tuesday was same weather so did some beach fishing and caught a couple pompano and whiting. Wed was dead calm and only landed one good keeper red snapper and a couple lane snapper, four kings and a couple big spanish. Had a goliath grouper steal several fish...tackle and all. Thurs we limited out on snapper and caught a chiken dolphin a couple bonito, small cobia and a couple sharks.

Hopefully have two more trips...waiting on weather now. Hope some of y'all got out there and caught some!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Awesome Rabun!!!

trubluau

We went out of Keaton Saturday with 6 on board. Left the dock at 7:30 and had our limit of snapper and 4 nice gags and back at the dock by lunch. Really good day.

Attachments

• keaton 6-16-18.JPG
    keaton 6-16-18.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 18
  • keaton.JPG
    keaton.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 17