North georgia knap-in and primitive arts festival

PAPALAPIN

IT'S THIS WEEKEND

If you have never been, you should try to make it.

NORTH GEORGIA KNAP-IN AND PRIMITIVE ARTS FESTIVAL
Spring April 23 thru 26 2009

will again be held at the beautiful Bartow County’s Gatewood Park near Cartersville, Georgia. Atl-atl and flint knapping related vendors will be selling a variety stone, tools, and finished goods. All RV’s and non-vendor campers must use the campground. There is a lighted pavilion for nighttime knapping, plus modern showers and restrooms. For exact dates and more information contact: Dave Swetmon at deltaworm@charter.net or phone 770 304-8760 or Neville Edgar at nevilleedgar@bellsouth.net or phone 770 228-6739.

See their website at:

http://flintknappingtools.com/knapin.html

It's worth the trip just to see Dirty Dan

Last edited:

FVR

I missed last year, will def. make it this year. Kids are badgering me to go. They like rocks.....and well........I traded off all my knapping material.

PAPALAPIN

Don't miss this. You won't regret it.

FVR

I will stop by Friday after work and then Sunday. Sat. has been taken up, out of town relatives in town down in Atl.

They always come in town on the wrong days.

PAPALAPIN

Frank

Take them to the festival on Satuday. Probably never been to anything like it.

PAPALAPIN

Ttt

FVR

I'll be thar after 12 with the wife and kids. I'm the one that looks like my avatar.

FVR

From what I've seen in the past, they start heading out at noon. Great day to get deals as some just don't want to load rock.

Spent a few hours there today.

Boy, you could get great deals on osage bow staves. Allan picked up a 70" roughed out stave for 10 bucks because it had a little crack in the lower limb. If ya have ever worked osage, you know a little crack is not diddly.

I picked up two 45" osage roughed out staves for 10 bucks a piece. Was just getting ready to cut down a full size one as I am making a pony bow. Keeping the full size and am using one of these for a take down pony and another pony.

Rock, man..........best I could find was 2 bucks a pound. Some may say that's good, maybe if you cut it with a saw and lay out every piece but when you knap in your lap, you get waste.

I did not purchase any rock today. Maybe Sunday, I don't know.

Good luck.