Daytona 500 qualifying

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Chevy is racing the Camaro body this year. They were fast in single car runs yesterday but the fords were fast in the draft. Probably will be a couple chevies on the front row

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Alex bowman on pole in the Hendricks #88. Ran a 46 second lap. That's 195 mph

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Danika "first woman driver"- dt500 pole

Austin Dillon "return of the 3" - dt500 pole

Jeff Gordon "Gordons last dance"- dt500 pole

Chase Elliot "Return of the 24"- dt500 pole

Alex Bowman "Return of the 88" -dt500 pole.

Whoever the hottest story is in the winter is suspiciously the 500 polesitter going all the way back to Danika. I believe there was a hiccup- Dale jr should've been given the special plate last year, but he waited until April to announce his retirement. They can't give away a race, but on a plate track they can absolutely give away a pole. It's impossible for me to believe that dt500 pole timeline happened coincidentally. In the case of Danika and Dillon, There's 0% they captured those poles with driving prowess or elite team/equipment. The fix is in, year after year, for this pole.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Though I admit I'm surprised Bubba Wallace jr wasn't given one of the xxx plates. He's off by a full second

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Danika wasn't the first woman driver in NASCAR but I don't disagree about the 500 pole. Seems suspicious. JR won the July race the year his dad died. If I remember right,he led every lap. They said that race was fixed. You can't fix a race like that. PS I was there for that race. Petty won the pole for his last 500 to so there may be something to the 500 pole fix

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
right. You can fix a plate, but one bad pit stop or missed shift will throw an actual race. Daytona pole is a giveaway. Watching jr have an extra mph irrespective of his track position or drafting has been a dead giveaway. I remember the july dt few years ago rained out, ran in the middle of the night: the field was pack racing but jr was poked out front all by himself not even worried about the draft lol. The way they giveaway a race is by turning 30 minutes of caution laps for a moonpie wrapper when a fan-favorite has skipped a gas stop, other than that, gifted speed = poles only, and I'll never be convinced that dt500 plates are equal.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Jr has always had enough gall to turn these into wins from time to time. All these other gimmes (besides elliot) have not made hay of it. Elliot is a legit wheel man plate-or-not. And without looking it up, jr was on the outside pole for almost every one of those^. I was peeved when the 3 and the 88 were sitting on the front row couple years ago. Next year read up on Nascar.com couple weeks before dt qualifying....you'll know right where to park your money lol. 100%

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
If sponsors found out someone was given an advantage there would be a mass exodus. Not saying it doesn't happen but there wouldn't be vary many people in the know

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
True. Guth will they be running in packs or what? havent seen a single lap

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Yea. They'll be in packs. There is no ride height rule this year so they've got these thing sitting on the ground in the rear. They added a 1/2" to the spoiler but the teams are skewing the cars to the drivers side and getting the spoiler out of the air. They are faster but less stable. We'll see speeds well over 200 in the packs but I'd imagine there will be more wrecks

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I'm actually in it for the wrecks. Hard to stay awake for me on mile and half when they get spread out. Clean air, leader takes half-mile lead is hard to watch