01Foreman400

Staff member
Cooked up a batch yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 348

Gaswamp

I was on another forum and some folks were saying that a $6 shell is to much to pay for a turkey load. My personal opinion is that if you can put gas in your truck to hunt and scout that you can afford a $30 box of shells. I know lead 4,5 and 6's are very good loads but why not shoot what has been proven to be superior loads?

had some inflation since then

deast1988

I think nitros are up to around $9 a trigger pull, handloaders are now saving money.

But they the time you order two boxes of Hevi shot factory loads pay shipping. You might as well have got Nitro for what $5 difference.

Now federal TSS cost even more then the prices of hevishot.

The money you spend to shoot the best!!

Lead kills can't beat dead! But if put in the effort to get the bird infront of me when I shoot. I want the baddest most wicked shell just to improve my chances.

TomC

If shooting a 20 Gauge I'd say its worth the expense to shoot Heavyweight, Hevi-Shot, or TSS but I just don't think its necessary if toting a 12 guage. My 12 Gauge with Longbeard XR at less than $2 per shell delivers a NASTY pattern well past 40 yds. Nasty in a good way that it :)

Buckman18

I'm quite content with a Longbeard in the pipe with 2 Win XX backing it up.

Buckman18

Why are you using 2 different types of shells?

Paranoid, I guess. Shortly after they came out, I read in a couple other forums where folks had trouble with them working through the action. For some reason it stuck with me, and I just put one in the barrel and follow up with XX.

fountain

Price ain't bothering folks...apex and federal both sold out of 20 well before lunch today at the convention

Al White

copper plated lead has killed over 30 for me - dead as a door nail.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Longbeard XR does well but certainly curious to see what these will do. You get more shot in the Apex shells than the Federal but price is better on the Federal.

Attachments

• KIMG0950.JPG
    KIMG0950.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 114

fountain

Im extremy curious to see the pattern differences the apex and federal loads. I want to see them from a tss gun thst consistently produces 320ish patterns at 40.

I was planning to but a few boxes of each in Nashville, but they sold out immediately

Buckman18

If I can find them, I'm gonna buy some of the Federal TSS for my daughters side by side 410. Cabelas had them but I logged in to see if they were in stock and they had been removed...