crawford county

270buck

Haven't seen one yet. Worse season I've had.

benbishop6602

tough year on bucks

Didn't see any deer till end of archery. Have seen over
40 off stand so far. Havent seen any in two weekends . Guess ill miss my first weekend this season due to work this sat.. G L to you Crawford co. guys/gals still hanging in there !

marknga

GONetwork Member
I hunted Sunday and yesterday. Saw one Sunday.
Probably last chance for awhile.
Good luck to all of you and Merry Christmas.

davidf

been laid up sick the last 2 weekends haven't made it to the woods. hoping to make it out saturday need to put 1 in freezer need the meat.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Well that is that. Hunted the last morning and didn't see a creature.
Great season though. Passed up a couple of bucks that hopefully will dodge the cars and trucks and make to next year.
May have to try turkey hunting this year.
Mark

davidf

i never pulled the trigger this season but i have to say it was a success. as i have gotten older i have learned the hunt is not about the kill but all about the experience. this was my first season hunting my own property i saw several deer and let them walk. i watched the sun rise and set on the place i will be retiring at in a few years. we are breaking ground with in the next couple of weeks on our cabin. looking forward to hunting a few squirrels and getting ready for turkey season.

marknga

GONetwork Member
i never pulled the trigger this season but i have to say it was a success. as i have gotten older i have learned the hunt is not about the kill but all about the experience. this was my first season hunting my own property i saw several deer and let them walk. i watched the sun rise and set on the place i will be retiring at in a few years. we are breaking ground with in the next couple of weeks on our cabin. looking forward to hunting a few squirrels and getting ready for turkey season.

Sounds like a great plan. Good luck.

davidf

Its getting close to turkey season have planted some clover plots and seeing a lot of birds. Pulled in yesterday after work to check on the block guys and had a yard full of birds.

davidf

Quiet at my place also

davidf

how was everyone turkey season it was tuff hunting in my woods.

davidf

who running cameras

i put mine out last weekend, been busy working on the cabin and haven't had much spare time. looking forward to seeing how they
are growing.

marknga

GONetwork Member
I have a couple out. Will probably put up a couple more closer to the season. Last year I had several small bucks and a couple bachelor groups that were steady visitors. Haven't checked in a couple of weeks.

davidf

i pulled mine and had a few small bucks and does. i haven't gotten the first picture of fawns not sure what to think of that.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Need to get this up and running again.
Few pictures but not much happening. Moved a couple cameras and hope to get some action.

davidf

well the fawns showed up with the does and same group of young bucks. moving cameras around to see what is walking the woods on the other side of property. these cooler mornings are nice the wait is almost over.

davidf

it's getting close. i don't bow hunt but will out saturday with muzzle loader. the bucks are starting to show up on camera hopefully they stay on the day time pattern.