snp0618172624_zpsbrvichdd.jpg

snp0618172156_zpso1csrtao.jpg

snp0618171116_zpsr0q897cu.jpg

snp0618171106_zpsj2gyid8y.jpg

snp0618170807_zpseqmncy1n.jpg

Coenen

How about some numbers then? Just your "top ten" best spots will do. :biggrin2:

GA BASS ODYSSEY

My weakness is open water fishing. I'm hoping with a good graph I will gain confidence. Looking at the Lowrance Elite-7 Ti Touch Combo w/TotalScan Transducer for the helm to do the searching and the Garmin Striker 7SV ClearVü/SideVü for the front.

TroyBoy30

do yourself a favor and get something with a GT transducer instead. the clearvu transducers do not contain a down element as a work around to the lawsuit from navico. since garmin just won the latest decision that they did not violate any patent, you should be able to get a unit packaged with a gt transducer in the near future

StriperrHunterr

Adding onto Troy's reply, make sure you get a good set of maps, too. The ability to split screen the chart and sonar will keep you in productive water no matter the time of year.

fishOn01

How can I tell the difference between GT transducer and the clearvu transducer. I have a Garmin Echo map 73SV with Chirp.

The unit works good.

Thanks

TroyBoy30

clearvu transducers will come with current units that are packaged with a transducer such as echomap. they just made the change recently so if you bought a while ago you probably have a gt. the unit should identify the transducer. if you buy new right now you will likely get a cv transducer. if you buy something like a 7600 series unit they don't come with a transducer so you're safe.

fishOn01

Troy,

The nice detail pictures of your screen shots... Having good electronics is a game changer.

Thanks for your heads up on the transducers,

"Fish on 01"

Led Zeppelin

You are having a 100% opposite type of luck than I am having then lol. I fished from 2 pm until dark yesterday fishing drop shot on brush piles that were on humps, points, deep and shallow and didn't get a bite. Used every color you could think of too. Also used top water and jerk bait. Not a single bite on anything.

StriperrHunterr

You are having a 100% opposite type of luck than I am having then lol. I fished from 2 pm until dark yesterday fishing drop shot on brush piles that were on humps, points, deep and shallow and didn't get a bite. Used every color you could think of too. Also used top water and jerk bait. Not a single bite on anything.

For me, right now, on topwater I'm not really even working the bait so much as skittering it across the surface making it look wounded and making noise.

GA BASS ODYSSEY

do yourself a favor and get something with a GT transducer instead. the clearvu transducers do not contain a down element as a work around to the lawsuit from navico. since garmin just won the latest decision that they did not violate any patent, you should be able to get a unit packaged with a gt transducer in the near future

I sure did not know that. What would be your choice for a bow Graph with trolling motor mount. Side scan down scan?

TroyBoy30

i try to shy away from recommended any particular unit. it really depends on what type of fishing you do and what technology is important to you. they all have strengths and weaknesses. It also depends on your budget. if you value 2d then garmin or lowrance is my suggestion as they both offer real chirp 2d. Garmin with the gt series of transducers and lowrance with the addition of an airmar tm150. if you value side and down then i'd suggest humminbird or lowrance with the 3d module. Raymarine also has the new axiom series to consider so that's obviously the simplified version. It's even more confusing when you get into forward sonar's like garmin's panoptix or birds 360. Shoot me an email at troy@boemarine if you have any questions.

Coenen

Stupid question, but did you mark fish, or see fish working the area?

Led Zeppelin

Stupid question, but did you mark fish, or see fish working the area?

Yeah I've got a spot where I have patterned what time fish will chase shad to the surface depending on the weather throughout the day. Sunny all day and cloudy towards the end of the day, they will chase shad starting around 6-6:30 til dark. Cloudy all day, they will chase shad from about 4 til 6ish. It was cloudy for me the other day and as I pulled up to the spot, I just about ran through a school of fishing breaking top water so I knew they were there and hitting. I also marked fish on brush piles in other places. Couldn't get a single strike. It's becoming personal now lol