Need info on camera dealers

j_seph

Do any of y;all know anywhere in Gainesville GA area that deals in cameras. Wolf camera has long shut down and I really do not know anyone in this area now.

Last edited by a moderator:

GAJoe

The only brick and mortar dealer that I know is Best Buy.

Worley

Dealers

Uncle Tom got a camera Shack at the Pendergrass fleamerket I've always had good luck with his poloraid instant cameraz.

pdsniper

Adorama is where I buy most of my photography equipment from so far I have had very good luck with them

Capt Quirk

B&H is very well known for "Grey Market" cameras. What this means is, they by the stuff cheap that is intended for overseas markets. Sure, you get a good price (If they don't jack it up on you with taxes and extras), but there is no warranty.

ssramage

B&H is very well known for "Grey Market" cameras. What this means is, they by the stuff cheap that is intended for overseas markets. Sure, you get a good price (If they don't jack it up on you with taxes and extras), but there is no warranty.

Hmmm...I just bought a "slightly" used camera from them, paid no tax, paid no extras, and got a 90 day warranty.

Cmp1

BANNED

I think they maybe used to do that,,,, my Nikon I got from them a couple years ago had a manufacturers warranty and the lenses I bought used years ago, 35mm,,,, were exactly as advertised,,,, I'm just saying,,,,

wvdawg

Staff member
I have had great service from B&H for years. Just bought my granddaughter a Nikon for Christmas and got a two year warranty with it.

Capt Quirk

B&H may have changed, it's been 9 years since I was doing video production. But they were among a few very unscrupulous dealers in the Big Apple, that were regularly discussed on several video forums. When we moved up here to the woods, I sort of retired out of the video biz, and as a result, stopped hanging out in the video forums. I honestly couldn't say what is new in the field.

davidhelmly

Forget B&H, they are a scam.

I couldn't disagree any more, I spend quite a bit of money at B&H every year and have for 10+ years. Their customer service and selection are both fantastic and prices are good to average. They do also offer grey market items for a slightly better price but if you can read you know that and can't complain about it. Overall an A+ company!!

Capt Quirk

I couldn't disagree any more, I spend quite a bit of money at B&H every year and have for 10+ years. Their customer service and selection are both fantastic and prices are good to average. They do also offer grey market items for a slightly better price but if you can read you know that and can't complain about it. Overall an A+ company!!
Go up 2 or 3 posts.