Electric Motor Lake suggestions.

HuntinMaconCO

My 9 yr old son and I are looking for electric motor/public lakes to fish near the Kennesaw area. I have fished Lake Acworth but it is tough fishing and my son gets bored after a few hours. We also only have a small pond prowler to fish out of so Allatoona is out of the question. I am looking for suggestions on where to take him. Also suggestions on what use on Lake Acworth to catch more fish. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

castandblast

the dugout in Kennesaw has a pay lake. Ive never fished there, but hear its pretty good. I haven't fished, Acworth in a couple years, but I have caught some pretty good fish out of there.

ryanh487

If you don't mind a couple hour drive, lake Winfield Scott in Suches is electric only and stocked with trout. Good mountain camping nearby as well.

I've been on lake Acworth many times with sonar. Clouds and clouds of baitfish. The bigger fish seem to get all they want from natural sources and have little interest in anything we throw at them. Best luck has always been crappie, at night, around the dam. Gotta rig a minnow deep though, slip bobber is a must. Should be some good carp fishing too, if you target them. Big ones jump all over at night, sounds like cinder blocks getting thrown in the lake.