Ever been hooked while fishing?(video)

Sterling

So we moved to dry land, grabbed the pliers, and gave a real hard yank. I felt my scalp lift off my skull and then we were back at it on the water soon after.

I would of come unglued. Makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

basshappy

BANNED
I would of come unglued. Makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

LOL. I tried pulling it out myself. Snapped a pic with cellular phone, looked at it to see which way I might be able to pull it best, but then decided to let my buddy have the fun.

No dry run, no let's see what we can do, just one quick, hard yank and it ripped right out. Very clean wound, very little blood, a dull ache, a quick rinse with distilled water, some betadine, and back on the water fishing.

Sterling

LOL. I tried pulling it out myself. Snapped a pic with cellular phone, looked at it to see which way I might be able to pull it best, but then decided to let my buddy have the fun.

No dry run, no let's see what we can do, just one quick, hard yank and it ripped right out. Very clean wound, very little blood, a dull ache, a quick rinse with distilled water, some betadine, and back on the water fishing.

Glad it didn't ruin the day. Looked pretty sketchy for sure.

JonathanG2013

Fishing with Zara Spook got hung in tree. Pulling hard to get it loose. It broke loose and went through my ear. Got a home made hood piercing. Also caught about a 3 pound bass on a rattle trap. while trying to take it off. Bass shook and buried hood in thumb while still shacking. Not a fun time. Had to push the thumb one through and cut with pliers.

needmotime2fish

A buddy was fishing at a pay lake the other day, using a 2-hook rig. He landed a carp, and while unhooking it, the fish flopped and stuck him with the 2nd hook.
Because it drove through his finger under the nail, and he couldn't just push it through and cut off the barb, he needed medical attention -- which cost him over $900.

Double ouch!!!

fishman01

Oh man! Did you go to the hospital to get it removed or do it yourself?

Went to the emergency room. Had to have X-rays because the tip had gouged into the bone. After lots of lidocaine, the doctor first tried forceps, but they were not strong enough. Ended up using a pair of needle-nose pliers to turn it away from the bone and push it through, cut the barbed tip and pull it back out.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Usually pretty careful about being hooked. Always give a landed fish slack so if the lure comes out it doesn't shoot back at me, always try to use pliers, fish grips, cut off snags and whatnot, but I have been hooked once or twice, and been hit with plenty sinkers before! Long story short, was throwing a Texas rigged worm, got snagged in some shallow water, pulled on it a few minutes, it shot back and hit me right below the left eye. The 3/0 EWG hook was in my cheek, and the 1/4oz bullet sinker that hit me was on the line dangling. Wound bled and swelled up, but when I could see again, I snatched the hook out with pliers, re-tied my rig, tossed it out on the next cast and stuck a 5lber, which at the time was the biggest bass I'd ever caught. True story!