qpublic.com

firewalker78

Have any of you guys ever used this site off of your county's tax assessors website to find new leases or to plot your lands exact lines? Seems to work really well for this just wondering if anyone has ever done it and had any luck with getting land that way. I have been through a lot of websites the past few weeks looking for new land to lease but not had much luck.

tsknmcn

Not for finding new land, but for property lines and knowing who owns the land around our lease and other hunting lands.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Property lines? :confused:
Property lines are based on the recorded deed descriptions and while not exact are pretty close on the aerial views.

Basically here in Florida the quite a few of the county tax appraisers sites are tied into qpublic site. Some of the more populated counties seem to have their own system.

ridgestalker

:offtopic:Lot of the timber companys will have a lot of land in the next couple months for lease after people drop there leases or become available.Keep a eye out in the Georgia Farmers And Consumer Bulletin for land to lease you can go to there website an look in the classifieds they also have a farmland edition every year but cant remember when.

BowanaLee

Elkbane

One feature that is nice is you can download the lines of the property from qpublic to Google Earth. Be advised that the property boundaries they have are an approximation and not exact - just the best representation the respective county could make when their ownership maps were originally digitized. Always use evidence on the ground for property lines, not a location someone who has never been there drew on their computer.

That being said, it is useful for finding property corners - after you download the property lines to Google Earth, you can hover the cursor over a corner and get the Lat/Lon reading, then navigate to that location with a hand-held GPS and look for the corner.....

And it's free in most counties, but you have to pay to use it via a subscription in poorer counties (like Macon Co.)....do a google search on the county of interest's tax assessor office, then look for links for "search records", then "search by map" and then navigate to the property you are interest in - the user interface is pretty intuitive.

Elkbane

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Keep in mind the property lines aren't always accurate.

Keep in mind the property lines aren't always accurate.

Au contraire, my bovine enamored friend, property lines are ALWAYS accurate.

It's the depictions of property lines and the marking of same that are sometimes inaccurate.

Any, you, the hunter, are charged with knowing exactly where you are, regardless of any bad information you may have received.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Au contraire, my bovine enamored friend, property lines are ALWAYS accurate.

It's the depictions of property lines and the marking of same that are sometimes inaccurate.

Any, you, the hunter, are charged with knowing exactly where you are, regardless of any bad information you may have received.

That was what I meant. On the tax maps they arent always correctly shown.

That better?

That was what I meant. On the tax maps they arent always correctly shown.

That better?

Much better.

The tax assessors don't actually read the deeds, which are the final word on where the lines are.

You haven't fully experienced life until you've run a line down from a white oak tree on the hill to a lightered stump in the run of a creek. Try to show that on a computer program. Especially when the creek isn't running where it did 150 years ago.