Where to buy Winchester Long Beard ?

dkight

Anyone seen or know where I can purchase the new long beard ammo in Georgia ?

turkeykirk

Check with the fella at Sumtoy chokes . His web sight says he has them.

stringmusic

To Be Determined
Had a ton of it at Bass Pro in Macon.

The mtn man

I ordered from bass pro, cabelas has them on back order.

chefrific

Gr8thunter

Gwinnett BPS has had them the past two times I was in there, my buddy bought some from there Monday I am ready to see what all the hype is about!

Who wants to kill one a 70 yards anyways!!!! the goal is to get them close right?

Killdee

Lead shot over about 40 -45 is sketchy in my opinion regardless of what the mfg. claims are.

Chuck Morgan

I ordered some 3" #5 Longbeards from Bass Pro supposed to be here Monday you should be able to order some from them online.
I am an old school lead hunter and if you sit still do your part and call a bird into ethical range I have never had issues. LOL, cannot bring myself to pay $6 a round when they are just as DEAD with LEAD.
Hope everybody has a good season with your lead or your Hevi Shot!!

Question from a Real turkey hunter. Why would you want to shoot a turkey at 70 yards?I want them 20 or less before I pull the trigger. To me that's the funniest part trying to call them to my lap.

WFL

They are a 40 yard shell all day long. I think it has a 8 to 10 yard safety net BUT THAT IS ALL. Now that is just what I feel. Now will it kill paper at 60 yes but I HOPE no one tries a bird.

dkight

Thanks for all the replies, I found them at Gander Mountain in Valdosta. I did not mean to start a debate on killing yardage, I just wanted to buy some. Good luck to everyone this spring !!!

Chefmuss

There was plenty today at the Bass Pro off I85 in Gwinett. They had hevi shot magnum blends too.