Cabelas coming to Fort Oglethorpe!

aaronward9

Finally!! We are going to get a "big store" around my neck of the woods (I'm in Dalton)! I usually try to support the mom and pop stores, but none of them carry waterfowl gear or steel shot, so they don't do me much good. Finally will be able to shop a good store and most likely be able to find something if I get in a pinch!

bowtechrulez

Saw the article yesterday as well. Apparently 3......yes 3! Cabelas will be built in ga! Goodbye bps

There will be one in acworth acutely it's already being built. Now this on in ft Oglethorpe. Not sure of the other location. There is also a bass pro shops being built in Emerson. Bass pro isn't going anywhere lol. I prefer cabelas myself however they basically have the samethings .. Aaron you do have a academy. I mean come on man....

ChristopherA.King

I can't wait till the one in Acworth is opens up. I had heard about the bass pro in emerson that is even closer to my house finally we wont have to pay high shipping cost on ammo!!

aaronward9

There will be one in acworth acutely it's already being built. Now this on in ft Oglethorpe. Not sure of the other location. There is also a bass pro shops being built in Emerson. Bass pro isn't going anywhere lol. I prefer cabelas myself however they basically have the samethings .. Aaron you do have a academy. I mean come on man....

Way overpriced!!

steelshotslayer

I like Cabela's, but they can be overpriced on some items just as bass pro can. I will like having both in driving distance so I can get the best deals on items.

Academy is CHEAP compared to Cabelas. The competition from multiple stores will hopefully help drive down the prices but there will be a limit on how much the competition will drive down prices.

emusmacker

Most of the time the state tax is cheaper than the shipping costs.

MuXi115

Sure wish one of the big stores would come to Columbus. Dick's is the only thing we have. The only alternative is Gander Mountain or Academy in Auburn.

bogeyfree31

Just placed a couple orders on the 3rd and had one shipped to my house(Ga) and one shipped to my office(Fla).

They are already charging tax for the items shipped to Ga.

Core Lokt

Even big box stores will run out of stuff or not have what you want in it at times. We have an Academy and a BPS and as soon as the stuff hits the shelves it gone.

Duckbob

Especially Ammo. You have to line up outside the BPS in So Fl before they open to get any .380, 38 special, 9mm, or .40. The other rounds are slowly becoming easier to get.

DB

The Fever

Especially Ammo. You have to line up outside the BPS in So Fl before they open to get any .380, 38 special, 9mm, or .40. The other rounds are slowly becoming easier to get.

DB

aint found .22 in months....