Lanier Report 4/13 w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I got out every day but Tuesday this week and the lake is heating up. The water temps went from the mid 50's on Monday to the low 60's today. The water is a little warmer north of Browns Bridge than on the south end right now and I think the north end is fishing a little better. Wednesday was a fun day for me because my guests in my boat were shooting a pilot for a golf/fishing show called "Fish and Chips". The promoter of the show had never fished Lanier before and on his very first cast he caught a double on the Sebile. He also caught a nice striper and a largemouth that was all captured on video for the pilot. We had a good time and we caught a few good ones. I didn't take any pictures because the cameraman was shooting video and taking his own pics.

Yesterday I fished solo and caught a few nice ones on docks. I had a friend out today that was visiting from Texas and we had a pretty good day.

Although the ned and neko rigs are working great right now I've been catching my fish on the moving baits this week. The Sebile, Chatterbait, spinnerbait and a-rig were my top producers this week. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMAG0290.jpg
    IMAG0290.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMAG0291.jpg
    IMAG0291.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Mike2.jpg
    Mike2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,131
  • Mike1.jpg
    Mike1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,131
  • Mike.jpg
    Mike.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Mike3.jpg
    Mike3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Mike5.jpg
    Mike5.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Mike4.jpg
    Mike4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,129
  • IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 940
Last edited:

Worley

Fish

Great Fish buddy, we been catching the other species on moving baits as well...I got a few boards that need to be deployed let me know if u wanna ride one day.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys. I believe a lot of the fish I'm on are still pre-spawn but I saw a lot of fish on bed this week also.

Worley, as long as those boards are Cast Away boards I'll go...LOL Just kidding man, I appreciate the offer. If I can find a little free time for stripers I'll take you up on it.

Lanier Jim

First - work on your selfie pose...looks like some mug shots :) Second - congrats on catching some fat spots.

Off topic - finally got around to working on my own boat. Team LJ and I have been at it hard. Should have it finished up in another day or two but still have another boat here for an install. I've got something different going on the boat - might start a new fad on Lanier :) LJ

Scout'nStripers

First - work on your selfie pose...looks like some mug shots :) Second - congrats on catching some fat spots.

Off topic - finally got around to working on my own boat. Team LJ and I have been at it hard. Should have it finished up in another day or two but still have another boat here for an install. I've got something different going on the boat - might start a new fad on Lanier :) LJ
LJ, if you would go out fishing and give me some selfie samples I could do a better job on the selfies.
Looking forward to seeing your boat all rigged out. You may be on the water before me. I need to replace my trolling motor. I broke a bracket on Hartwell yesterday.facepalm:

Last edited: