Tribble Mill Park in Lawrenceville

fishingguy61

How's the fishing at Tribble Mill Park in Lawrenceville? Per the Website, it's about 700 acres and electric only. Just wondering how the bass fishing is there.

Randall

The park is 700 acres. The big lake is a little over 100 acres. Not sure on the fishing now since they added grass carp. I haven't heard many good reports since the grass carp were added though. It was good summer fishing before the grass carp.

Ahab

Fishing there is rough, the smaller lake has been a better bet if anything.

kikkup

Not sure about right now , But the last time I was over that way, I stopped at that little bar-b-q on the right just before you get there,{Which has some of the best bar-b-q around}:bounce: and That older lady that run's the place was telling me that a boy caught a 16 lber out of there and she had pics of sum bigun's on the billboard, and she was telling me that both those fish were over 10 lbs, jus don't have a jon boat to go see....:shoot:

fishingguy61

Not sure about right now , But the last time I was over that way, I stopped at that little bar-b-q on the right just before you get there,{Which has some of the best bar-b-q around}:bounce: and That older lady that run's the place was telling me that a boy caught a 16 lber out of there and she had pics of sum bigun's on the billboard, and she was telling me that both those fish were over 10 lbs, jus don't have a jon boat to go see....:shoot:

We spoke on the phone last night. Stopped by there today on the way home from work and got a pork BBQ sandwich and some Brunswick Stew. The stew is very good as you mentioned. The place is called Bolton's Market but, if you Google it, it shows up as Bolton Grocery.

I then went over to Tribble Mill Park (lake) by the boat ramp and saw plenty of minnows/baitfish right there in shallow water with a couple of fish thrashing at them. I drove around the park and saw the smaller lake as well and spoke to a young guy who had just finished fishing. He caught a 3 lb largemouth on a plastic worm fishing from the bank. I noticed what looked like a boat ramp of sorts on the opposite bank but, as I drove around, there didn't seem to be a way over there. Is there no way to launch a boat on the small lake?

kikkup

You have to tote a boat to one of the ponds, The big one is the only one you can launch a trailered boat.... the one on the left driving in which goes under a bridge and goes over on your right, then if you keep driving you will run into another one, which has a park beside and all that... and its called something else, Like I was telling you, I don't have a small boat right now so I haven't been there to fish yet ,I was just going by what the woman told me, And the pics.... Did you see them..

Last edited:

Wishin I was Fishin

5??? I think somebody gave you some bad info man. There are only 2 lakes in the park. Even aerial maps don't show any more ponds that could even be close enough to be mistaken as part of Tribble Mill. I have a spare kayak if you want to get out one day.

kikkup

5??? I think somebody gave you some bad info man. There are only 2 lakes in the park. Even aerial maps don't show any more ponds that could even be close enough to be mistaken as part of Tribble Mill. I have a spare kayak if you want to get out one day.

Sorry, I was mistaken...:banginghe

davidf5252

I went there yesterday and parked on chandler. I launched my kayak into the smaller lake and caught 2 LM. One right at a pound and the other a tad over...They were busting top water pretty good for a solid hour but I had my daughter on the back and i didnt make but 20-30 cast the whole time.

Myself and 'I Wish I Was Fishing' might head over there tomorrow around 6:30-7 if you want to meet up. We are bringing our kayaks.

davidf5252

Speak of the devil..looks like you just got offered a kayak... lets go tear that pond up!!!

SamYaAK

it has its ways everyday is different you fish .......... here is one from wed mornin
nmyxld.jpg

Last edited:

Ricky

Now that the grass is gone,I'm catching them in the same areas,I used to,before the grass.Still some good fish in there,too.Caught this one,last week.
IMG_20120620_101920.jpg

cuda67bnl

Is there any catfish in the Tribble Mill Park lake?

I used to wear em out in the lower lake when they first opened the park. Been a few times this year, and haven't caught any. They drained the lower lake some years back, and I didn't start fishing it again til this year. Not sure why I can't catch one now....

fishingguy61

Now that the grass is gone,I'm catching them in the same areas,I used to,before the grass.Still some good fish in there,too.Caught this one,last week.
IMG_20120620_101920.jpg

Looks like a nice pond and I will definitely give it a whirl. I seem to have luck bumping the bottom with a weedless green pumpkinseed worm at Yargo. I assume it will work there as well.

Ricky

I used to wear em out in the lower lake when they first opened the park. Been a few times this year, and haven't caught any. They drained the lower lake some years back, and I didn't start fishing it again til this year. Not sure why I can't catch one now....

x2,haven't had much luck since the grass and pads showed up.