North GA Traditional Archery Club - February Shoot

dutchman

The next installment in the 2013 3-D archery season at NGTA will be on Sunday, February 3, 2013.

Club is located at 2205 Lee Land Road, Gainesville, GA 30507.

20 (minimum) 3-D targets set in the woods at varying ranges and with varying degrees of difficulty (this means trashy). Shoot as much as you would like for one low price.

Shoot fees:
Members - $5
Non-members - $10
Family rates available for families of four or more.
As always, first time shooters at NGTA shoot for free. Por nada. Zero dollars and zero cents.:cool:
Lunch will be available for a $5 per person donation.
Shoot hosts are Jeff Hampton and Tomi Varnell.

Y'all come see us.

Last edited:

dutchman

Well, ya'll won't have to wait too long. The shoot will be held two weeks from yesterday...

aiken

we can't make up there this time but hope to some time. Pass the word about our GA-SC tournament if you can, we really hope to get a good GA crowd and a good competition , thanks Darrin

Jake Allen

Just a few more days. The weather forecast is looking favorable for a really pretty day Sunday. On the menu; hamburgers, hot dogs, pork & beans, chips and fixings.
Target set up in the chilly am.....

dutchman

Anybody interested in joing Roger and me for breakfast is welcome. We will be at Loretta's in Oakwood at 0700.

Set up will start by 0745, I expect.

D4

Would love to make it to this one. Been shooting local shoots with all the compound guys. So ready for an all traditional shoot!

dutchman

Well, the course is set. 20 targets in the woods as you expected. It isn't what you'd call an easy course by any stretch of the imagination. I really don't think anyone is in great danger of losing any arrows, but you might break one or two. Or more.

Y'all don't let me scare you off. Come see the course for yourself. I am pretty certain you'll enjoy it.

Al33

Thanks to all for getting the course ready. Looking at the weather forecasts I suspect that arrows with white fletchings may be hard to find if they miss a target.:bounce:

dutchman

It snowed a little up here well before dark. Too warm for accumulation. It has been raining and will be muddy tomorrow so you'll want to bring your rubber boots. We should be fine as our local forecast calls for temperatures above freezing all night. Y'all come on up.

dutchman

The roads up here near the club are fine, although you must always use caution due to potential icy patches. Current temperature here is 33 degrees. Supposed to warm to mid 40s, so all is well. It is muddy so bring your rubber boots for sure.

Last edited:

devolve

Had a great time! It was good to finally
Meet some of you! I'm looking forward
To next month!!
No arrows lost or broken. :0)

dutchman

Well, a good turnout on a windy and cool day made for some good times at NGTA. It wasn't near as muddy as I figured it'd be so that made it even better.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I always do. We really have a great club! I am thankful to be a part of it.

Thanks to Jeff Hampton and Tomi Varnell for hosting. Thanks to the great group of guys who set the course and took it down. And thanks to everyone who braved the cool wind and came to shoot.

See y'all next month!

Al33

I sure enjoyed the day at NGTA and am so thankful for all the volunteers that make each month a very special occasion. The burgers and dogs sure tasted good after shooting two rounds.:D A special thanks to the ladies that always show up with some great deserts.

Tomi, the baked beans were fantastic, and Jeff, the Dutch oven cobbler was just too good!!!!:) Great job as host and hostess!!!:clap:

Making the trip up and back with two dear friends, Skunkhound and chenryiv, was icing on my cake.

I did not lose an arrow this trip but did ruin one with a solid hit on a pine tree.:p

woodswalker

The shoot

The wife, daughter, and myself greatly enjoyed ourselves shooting and seeing friends we hadnt seen in a few months. We are already making plans for being at the next one. Thanks to all who make this club what it is. God Bless you all.