Camping at Atlanta Motor Speedway is not as fun as years past

3ringer

They have set so many new rules in the camp areas, many people are staying home . Sheriff deputy's patrol every 3 to 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how fewer people were camping this year. You might as well be camping in a state park. I guess I just miss the old days and great times. I heard this morning that they were even banning smoking in the grandstands. I don't smoke anyway. I could never smell any cigarette smoke over the fuel ,exhaust and tire fumes. Go ahead and raise prices and enforce your rules and watch race fans stay home. Ok , I feel better now .

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Not 100% sure, but I think smoking in the grandstands seating area has been banned for a while. You could go out of the seating area and smoke though. Were you in the infield or outside of the track?

?

Last time I was at Daytona they were smoking all around me....

....and passing. :bounce: ::gone:

Oldstick

They have set so many new rules in the camp areas, many people are staying home . Sheriff deputy's patrol every 3 to 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how fewer people were camping this year. You might as well be camping in a state park. I guess I just miss the old days and great times. I heard this morning that they were even banning smoking in the grandstands. I don't smoke anyway. I could never smell any cigarette smoke over the fuel ,exhaust and tire fumes. Go ahead and raise prices and enforce your rules and watch race fans stay home. Ok , I feel better now .

We still need to see some pictures from Friday and Saturday night regardless...

:cool:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Last time I was at Daytona they were smoking all around me....

....and passing. :bounce: ::gone:

Was talking to one of the trackside commentators the other day and she said they were runnin a prostitution ring out of a Pharmacy in Vegas.

"Hey, I've got a prescription to fill."

:bounce:

hunt n duck

Nascar has been going downhill for a while now. Last race I went to was about 8 years ago and I had enough. Every year they got more and more strict. Don't get me started about the racing. When they first came out with the car of tomorrow I quit watching. Why didn't they just turn it into an IROC race? No bumping, no arguing, no fighting, and don't even think about saying anything nascar doesn't approve of.

snuffy

Not 100% sure, but I think smoking in the grandstands seating area has been banned for a while. You could go out of the seating area and smoke though. Were you in the infield or outside of the track?

I was in the Champions Section and a LOT of people didn't get this memo. Didn't bother me though.

What DID bother me was the Obama supporter sitting close to me sitting down with his hat on talking on the phone during the national anthem!

specialk

move on over to talladega....they still know how to party over there....:yeah:

Luckybuck

What I saw on the news was Atlanta raceway ban went into effect for non smoking in 2014. From what I see the stands are quite empty in certain places along the track. Just follow the camera and you will see many voids of fans, think the best of what Nascar had to offer has come and gone. Think your president refers to it as CHANGE.

TroutBum95

I went on Sunday and saw several people sneakin in a smoke down in the pits. Even ran up on a security guard with a cig behind a fire truck.

jerseycat9

Most of y'all are gonna laugh after I say this but for me one of the biggest turn offs is all the northern (Yankee) drivers. Makes you wonder "are the good times really over for good?"

PappyHoel

I don't think Dega is as good as it use to be.

Dega is by far the best party weekend ever with a side of NASCAR on the side. Whoooo the stories I could tell....