Christianity soon to be 2nd

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So they said to Jesus, “We do not know.” “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things,” He replied. “But what do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today’ in the vineyard. ‘I will not,’ he replied. But later he changed his mind and went.

Then the man went to the second son and told him the same thing. ‘I will, sir,’ he said. But he did not go. Which of the two did the will of his father?” “The first,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God before you."

To me it appears the first son was given time to repent, to rethink...to go. The second son was given time to discover his proclaimed obedience was a vanity.

To be honest, I have no idea into which son I am presently fit. The most recalcitrant I see may indeed be the one made to obedience...while I sit and judge him for saying "no". And I could indeed be the one proclaiming obedience...with no real intention of going....till I find out. Completely mistaken about what "sort of man" I am...and therefore completely mistaken about everything else. (here could be a necessary pause...to consider that)

yes, I am "in the experiment" no less than any other.

God knows.

Addendum...I am trusting at least someone, if only one other one...will see the humor in this, having found it posted to my feed immediately upon leaving this forum. Of course to some it may seem completely irrelevant...to another just a thing at best of "serendipity"...but you ask...why would a man believe he is hearing from the God of all gods? I just believe I can no longer avoid it.
Quotes from Jesus and his followers recorded by someone else who wasn't there.
People pretend a god knows

Israel

BANNED
Jump to 20:43.

At 21:40:

"When someone says something too evil to believe, one response is not to doubt their sincerity, but to expand one's capacity to imagine what otherwise decent people can desire."

I understand you, String. Given that you judge everything from the starting point that everything God does is just and right and good and loving, I can see why the concept of He11 doesn't bother you. Luckily, you do what most Western people do with the concept of He11, you mentally compartmentalize it and shelve it in a dark corner where you don't have to deal with it daily. If you responded to it like the truly horrific idea that it is, and in conjunction with the 'love of your neighbor' that you aspire to, you would be tearing your clothes in the streets and yelling at the top of your lungs for God to show sinners like me some mercy. You would stand on a street corner with a sign and a bullhorn, pleading out of love for everyone to repent. If you told me you were gonna kill yourself I would PM you. I would call you on the phone. I would go to your house. I'm going to burn in He11 for eternity. Don't you love me enough to at least do that?

It's a rhetorical question. Don't call me or come to my house unless you just wanna hang out. You don't believe in He11 anymore than I do.

Don't forget the part about wiping the dust off one's feet.

StriperAddict

The problem with this and any skeptic of Panin's findings is that none of them devoted their entire lives to this inquiry as Panin did. His volume of research was huge and constantly affirmed the proofs throughout the entire cannon of scripture of a one of a kind complexity. As soon as a section uncovered a numerical thread, Panin went further to dissect it, and included the verses around it as well as the book of scripture itself; Psalms, the gospels, Isaiah, etc., etc. This man Panin was a linguistic and mathematical genius, and what he found were numerical and complex equation structures and patterns so intricate that even the best super computers today could not recreate. Not a computer or man on earth could write a book and make it include the kinds of countless numerical threads like the bible.

Incidentally, no other 'religious' book(s) have any complex pattern either.

Sure, I haven't made sense out of ALL of the bible as far as some history, etc., is concerned. How long were the 7 days of creation? I don't know. And that part about the sword thrust into the fat guys big belly is one that for now I'll let pass with a chuckle for real :bounce:.
But the major message of God and man's union is one I continue to learn much from, and the road to know more ain't over yet. And Panin had seen and believed -- by a doorway available to us hardened skeptics, the word of God.
Peace

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The problem with this and any skeptic of Panin's findings is that none of them devoted their entire lives to this inquiry as Panin did. His volume of research was huge and constantly affirmed the proofs throughout the entire cannon of scripture of a one of a kind complexity. As soon as a section uncovered a numerical thread, Panin went further to dissect it, and included the verses around it as well as the book of scripture itself; Psalms, the gospels, Isaiah, etc., etc. This man Panin was a linguistic and mathematical genius, and what he found were numerical and complex equation structures and patterns so intricate that even the best super computers today could not recreate. Not a computer or man on earth could write a book and make it include the kinds of countless numerical threads like the bible.

Incidentally, no other 'religious' book(s) have any complex pattern either.

Sure, I haven't made sense out of ALL of the bible as far as some history, etc., is concerned. How long were the 7 days of creation? I don't know. And that part about the sword thrust into the fat guys big belly is one that for now I'll let pass with a chuckle for real :bounce:.
But the major message of God and man's union is one I continue to learn much from, and the road to know more ain't over yet. And Panin had seen and believed -- by a doorway available to us hardened skeptics, the word of God.
Peace
I was unaware that lifetime dedication was the end all factor in something being true.

If you read the comments in the link you would see that mathematical code used for the song "Ice Ice Baby" predicted the 911 attack. They extracted predictions from MobyDick and the Hong Kong telephone book.

Post #10 in the comments talks about the omission of vowels in the original Hebrew text and how it let the text be manipulated easier to "find" the code.

Manipulated being the key word when dealing with "hidden" codes.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
From the skeptics
"
The best thing about Panin then is that it led to someone quoting Melville.

I do remember running into Panin's arguments in my religious days and the criticism is that he constructed a method so loose that the miracle would be if he did not find some sort of repetitive numerological pattern. The problem is you can take about any book and find the same patterns because his methodology is constructed to create them.

I remember he did things like borrowing from one verse (setting aside that the whole division into verses is a more recent phenomenon) to make sure certain numbers added up in the verse before or after it. Then he would ignore that because of that, the verse he borrowed from no longer added up to the numbers he wanted. Or, if nothing he did got a verse to add up, he would just switch to a different version of the Bible, translate it back into the original language and use that version for that verse.

He had so many caveats, so many exceptions and special rules that he made up whenever things were not turning out to fit his hypothesis, and then ignored those rules when they did not lead to his preferred results, that the whole claim was worthless and, as stated, you got the same mathematical results from any book"