Lanier Islands Hunts

Pilgrim

I got picked 4 years ago or so - can't remember the zone. I've put in every year since then - but haven't gotten picked.

eavega

I got picked this year. First time applying so I am really psyched. I drew the December hunt in Zone 3. Looking for some pointers as this will also be my first bow hunt in two years (shoulder problems have kept me from drawing a bow for the last two seasons).

-Eric

Last edited:

eavega

I got zone 3 for the first hunt. Anyone else going?

I got zone 3 for the December hunt. If you get some scouting in, I'd appreciate any tips or directions you can provide. Additionally, if anyone else jumps on this thread it would be great to connect with any other folks on that hunt, just to coordinate as to who is going where so we don't waste a lot of time stepping over each other...

-Eric

GAarcher

Call?

Just wondered if you would get a call to tell you that you didn't draw or if they would only call you if you did????

PappyHoel

I got zone 3 for the December hunt. If you get some scouting in, I'd appreciate any tips or directions you can provide. Additionally, if anyone else jumps on this thread it would be great to connect with any other folks on that hunt, just to coordinate as to who is going where so we don't waste a lot of time stepping over each other...

-Eric

Seriously ... just go sit in the woods. I used to live right next to the lake and it's filthy with deer.

eavega

Anyone else on this hunt? Got my permits today, verified the sights on my bow, as I have not been able to pull the string in about 2 years (shoulder surgery on both shoulders). Trying to find a place to dock my boat for the 4 days so I don't have to keep putting it back up on the trailer every day.

E