Bow hunting in Cobb Countty

lfowler54

I live just off 575 at Bells Ferry rd. I am looking for land for the up-coming year for me and my grandson to bow hunt. Also looking for openings in hunting clubs for two people in or near Bartow, Paulding, Cherokee counties. Your help would be more than appreciated....

Long Cut

You and every other metro Atlanta bowhunter.. not meaning to be disrespectful but once a couple of those big Atlanta bucks got posted every woodlot in the suburbs has a stand in it now. Your best bet is going right to the source, door to door and keeping yo mouth shut!

Good luck I hope you can get your grandson on a good'n

Tmpr111

Well a lot of people have been hunting the suburbs for years. It's just never had anywhere near this type of exposure, so nor have the kills. The true work is in the hunting for approval and permission. And unless you find a decent size tract, you're going to be in jeopardy of crossing property lines and needing the next neighbors permission too at some point --- in either locating a deer to target or in recovering one once killed.

But the point above, it's most certainly changing now with publicity - scrutinized or not, like it or not. Just in my in-laws Dunwoody neighborhood alone this year, they've noticed a crazy influx in the amount of folks trying to shoot Deer there and their HOA is currently discussing ways to block it. That's just one of hundreds of similar neighborhoods being sought after I'm sure.

What would be really sad is if it becomes too popular or gets overly publicized to the point that it starts getting negative attention.

wks41

There are several clubs in bartow. Check the lease section at the end of the year and a couple will pop up. Cobb and Paulding is super tough unless you know someone with private land.