What if Bama wins the National Championship?

MAGA

Will make for some interesting trash talk.

Bama lost the Iron Bowl so Auburn gets bragging rights for a year.

UGA won the SEC so they have bragging rights for the year.

Auburn won the regular season game with UGA but lost the rematch with a beat up team from the Iron Bowl.

Bama won the NC on a mulligan.

Bama won it all on a mulligan all SEC Championship game against LSU a few years back.
I hope history repeats itself.
Rolleth

DannyW

If Clemson dominates Bama could this be the end for Saban?

Saban has a job until Saban does not want a job.

Don't like Alabama, in fact they are my school's biggest rivalry. But you have to give Saban his due...no one has ever done it better. That's why beating them is always so sweet.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Saban has a job until Saban does not want a job.

Don't like Alabama, in fact they are my school's biggest rivalry. But you have to give Saban his due...no one has ever done it better. That's why beating them is always so sweet.

gonna be a riot to watch alabama fans argue over whether saban or bear was the best coach when/if nick passes his number of national championships at bama

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
The reports of Saban's death have been wildly exaggerated.

weagle

gonna be a riot to watch alabama fans argue over whether saban or bear was the best coach when/if nick passes his number of national championships at bama

Saban all day long. Bear got to play Auburn on his home field every year.

No doubt Coach Bryant developed "the process" and part of that was making sure you had every advantage: in recruiting, scheduling, and home field against your in state rival. Coach Dye brought the process to Auburn and evened things up. Auburn has a winning record against Bama since that time, but Bama still gets favorable treatment at the national level. (see bama mulligans)

But Saban took it to the next level and he has had to go on the road to Auburn. He still gets the mulligans, but he takes advantage of them.

chainshaw

What makes you think Bama is "clearly better"? Was it there last second win against Miss State, or when they were dominated start to finish against auburn?

It was the way that they manhandled a powerhouse Mercer team, late in the season, that convinced me.

RipperIII

Dang boys...this place is kinda sparse these days. Good to see some old stalwarts still hangin round, and a few new names.

First,..the committee got it right, and I applaud Snooks for humbly acknowledging the inconsistency of the Buckeyes.
Second, whilst you boys rootin for Clemson and UGA dicker over bad loses, and who is more "deserving"...bear in mind 3 of the top 4 teams have embarrassingly bad loses:
Oklahoma to IOWA STATE???
Clemson to the mighty Orange men from upstate??? ...don't give me the crud about your QB being hurt...he didn't play defense.
UGA?...well, at least they got a good bit of redemption vs a worn out Aubbie.

BAMA was worn out before the Auburn game, 4 starters out of ONE position group, arguably the most important group on the field,...and as tough as it was to watch,...someone remind me of the score?...it was nowhere near the quality of "bad" loses suffered by the other 3 teams...and all due respect OSU had troubles with a SLOW Wisky team

I don't know that BAMA will beat Clemson, or either of the other 2 teams should BAMA advance,...but I know BAMA is one of the 4 best Teams, and this year's group seems very even strengths vs weaknesses.

Should be great viewing to usher in the most prosperous year this Country has seen in over a decade.

ROLL TIDE!!!

God Bless :flag:

tcward

Im good with Clemson. They should be in. My point was that was a horrible loss which shows it just happens from time to time with no explanation? Neither you nor I, in our remaining lifetime, will see Iowa beat OSU like that no matter how good or bad the Buckeyes are!!!

Bet you said the same thing about the Iowa game prior to the start of this season...

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If they do I'll probably laugh myself Into hysterics especially if they beat the dawgs to do it.