Fromm VS Mayfield

bilgerat

Senior
if Ga beats the crap out of the Sooners and shuts Mayfield down , and Fromm has a record breaking day.........does that mean Fromm wins the Heisman trophy next year?__:fine:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
if Ga beats the crap out of the Sooners and shuts Mayfield down , and Fromm has a record breaking day.........does that mean Fromm wins the Heisman trophy next year?__:fine:

No! It means we're headed back to Atlanta to play for the national championship against the Clemson/Bama winner. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

GO DAWGS!
BEAT OKLAHOMA!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am afraid some of yall are looking past OU, that is not a forgone conclusion. This is a good team and they will be ready for us. We have had several QB's pick our Secondary apart, and Mayfield is far from your average QB.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I am afraid some of yall are looking past OU, that is not a forgone conclusion. This is a good team and they will be ready for us. We have had several QB's pick our Secondary apart, and Mayfield is far from your average QB.

Is everyone forgetting how a 1-5 Missouri threw all over us for 4 TDs?

brownceluse

Is everyone forgetting how a 1-5 Missouri threw all over us for 4 TDs?

This! Our secondary is below average at best! We need to find a way to pressure the guy but most of all we need long drives to keep OU Offense off the field!

MudDucker

Staff member

I agree! We need the boys to be beasts and get in Mayfield's face or it could be a LONG day!

joepuppy

OU is a really good team. KyDawg, you are right. I'm sure Lincoln Riley has watched film from those games. If the savage pads come out often, the Sooners will be in for a long day. If not, UGA will have their hands full.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This! Our secondary is below average at best! We need to find a way to pressure the guy but most of all we need long drives to keep OU Offense off the field!

Amen and when their O is on the field we need some 3 and outs and a heap of luck. A foot race plays to their strength.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

UGA coaching staff has got us this far and I am confident the right game plan and game adjustments will happen. They have gotten us this far and will finish strong. I really like our chances.

westcobbdog

UGA coaching staff has got us this far and I am confident the right game plan and game adjustments will happen. They have gotten us this far and will finish strong. I really like our chances.

yep but we gotta keep the qb in the pocket vs him extending plays from the edge.

Duff

yep but we gotta keep the qb in the pocket vs him extending plays from the edge.

Not only this, but keep him from big gains when running. This worries me more than any aspect of OU. Mayfield can run, and run well. Roquan will be keying on him(I'm guessing) which will limit the blitz, putting more weight on the secondary.

Dawgs cannot allow him to pick up the 3rd and 7-8's with his feet. Got to get him off the field.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Not only this, but keep him from big gains when running. This worries me more than any aspect of OU. Mayfield can run, and run well. Roquan will be keying on him(I'm guessing) which will limit the blitz, putting more weight on the secondary.

Dawgs cannot allow him to pick up the 3rd and 7-8's with his feet. Got to get him off the field.

I'm betting on the blitz myself. Our D has speed and they are physical. They will definitely have to manhandle OU's O line. Mayfield needs to be nervous if not slap scared on every snap from center. He's cocky so he can be rattled and if he gets rattled he will make mistakes.

MudDucker

Staff member
If Baker has watched the films, he ain't gonna be too quick to run the edge knowing Roquan is gonna be there a waiting on him!

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
No! It means we're headed back to Atlanta to play for the national championship against the Clemson/Bama winner. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

GO DAWGS!
BEAT OKLAHOMA!

Yep! That's all!