What pound trigger is ideal for hunting?

specialk

If u wear gloves when u hunt I'd go 3.5-4 if not 2-2.5.

I don't....I use a hand muffler when hunting.....if I did I'd wear gloves when sighting in/practicing.....

wareagle700

you are doing the right thing getting rid of that Remington trigger they have a long history of being unsafe and getting folks killed

There is nothing unsafe about the old walker triggers when they are properly adjusted, the same danger can come from any adjustable trigger that's not done right. While unfortunate, the people that were killed or injured were ultimately shot by a person with poor muzzle discipline. Remington's hands were tied and had to do something so they recalled the triggers and blamed the Walker design even though the problem wasn't with the trigger itself, but poor QC. There's also no telling how many triggers had been fiddled with by shade tree gunsmiths doing "trigger jobs". This is why it's important not to mess with triggers unless you know what you are doing.

Don't believe everything CNBC tells you.

Jester896

Senior Clown
There is nothing unsafe about the old walker triggers when they are properly adjusted, the same danger can come from any adjustable trigger that's not done right. While unfortunate, the people that were killed or injured were ultimately shot by a person with poor muzzle discipline. Remington's hands were tied and had to do something so they recalled the triggers and blamed the Walker design even though the problem wasn't with the trigger itself, but poor QC. There's also no telling how many triggers had been fiddled with by shade tree gunsmiths doing "trigger jobs". This is why it's important not to mess with triggers unless you know what you are doing.

Don't believe everything CNBC tells you.

I tend to agree. I also think all three aspects should be adjusted when one is adjusted then properly held in place. Doing just the trigger pull may be where some of those issue derive from.

Klondike

2 - 2.5 lbs

Guess the 2 - 2.5# is popular and where I am at too on 5 bolt guns.

I hate that Xmark trigger. Replace it with a Timney in whatever style you like and never look back.

Remington doesn't get it on triggers in my view - have they not watched what used to be a "cheap" gun manufacturer like savage do to their reputation with the accutrigger?

After years on this very topic, one of the guides I used in Alaska told me “ you as a hunter, should be able to pick up any weapon, and be comfortable shooting it”. His logic? What happens if you are on a trip and your rifle gets lost, has mechanical failure, you forget your ammunition and there isn’t a place for 200 miles to get it? Your guide will have a rifle you can use, and you should have enough experience after a couple test rounds to be comfy with that rifle, or firearm. Trigger pull on my firearms? I haven’t the slightest clue. Will I ever adjust them? Nope. To each their own, but I’d rather be willing to adjust myself rather than a trigger, never know when you might have to.