Were you able to harvest plenty of deer for meat

Limits too high

overharvesting....

crop permits....

poaching....

I get it.

I stand on habitat, you show me prime whitetail deer habitat (food, water, cover to hide in) I will show you plenty of deer. These plantation cut pine forest with very little cover and food under them, and I will show you very little deer sign.

s&r

lampern

Not every place is bursting with deer.

Not every property is equal in carrying capacity.

Some properties are overharvested.

Some are underharvested.

And yes the DNR should ask the legislature for authority over bag limits.

01Foreman400

Staff member
668 deer sightings from the stand in 70 sits. One doe and one buck killed. Had a great season and can't wait until the next one.

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
Harvest

I only seen a few deer all season so I shot them all

Biggs

swamp hunter

I shot zero deer this year...a first for me. Din't matter cause I had a buddy shoot me a fat doe and I can shoot a deer anytime I want...got plenty around.
I only use maybe 3 deer a year tops anyways. I'm kinda fond of Shrimp , Fish , Pork ribs , Arroys de Pollo and steak . I don't hunt deer to feed my family or survive . It's Special dishes and lot's of enjoyment for me.

Dustin

I shot zero deer this year...a first for me. Din't matter cause I had a buddy shoot me a fat doe and I can shoot a deer anytime I want...got plenty around.
I only use maybe 3 deer a year tops anyways. I'm kinda fond of Shrimp , Fish , Pork ribs , Arroys de Pollo and steak . I don't hunt deer to feed my family or survive . It's Special dishes and lot's of enjoyment for me.

crawfish, catfish and crappie up here, wish I could get down there for shrimp and alligator more often.

some of these boys on here living in 200K houses with 60K trucks and NEED to kill deer to feed their family... lol

35 Whelen

Three in the freezer this year, plenty for the three of us!

spencer12

I haven't killed a doe in about 4-5 years. This year I killed two great bucks. Plenty of meat for us.