Kayak for wife questions

GAbuckhunter88

I've gotten back into kayak fishing after a few years without having one. I picked up a predator XL!

I'm wanting to get a kayak for my wife to get out on the river or lakes with me sometimes. Until I know if she's going to like this I don't want to spend a fortune to get her in one. Any recommendations on a kayak for her?

Yakman22

Vibe Yellowfin is a good little yak. 10ft long, I think it weighs 59lbs, it's about 32" and it has a platform seat. Cost $650

Perception Pescador 10, can be purchased for $450 at most retailers who carry the brand. I'm 230lb and have used this kayak when I wanted to use something lighter than my Ride115. My lady had no prior experience with fishing, kayaks and she has yet to have an issue while in this kayak.

Jranger

There are quite a few used ones to choose from on the various Facebook market places. We picked up a 10' for my son well under retail. Might be a good place to start without having to invest much for her to explore the experience.

zeke392

my wife wanted a sit in a couple years ago and we picked up an Ascend kayak that has been very good. Nice comfortable seat, 10', she can take it out herself and does. That kayak has been great, no issues at all

Latest posts