5/7/17

Riplukelee

Snuck out before daybreak to set up on the last of the incoming so we could fish tree roots sticking out of a cut out high bank for sheepshead. Then back to a long oyster bar when the tide turned and the trout were everywhere. We weren't ready and lost a few really nice fish and some tackle then had to stop fishing and regroup and the water level got low and so did the bite. Went up creek to the blown down trees and snagged the redfish behind a stump. We picked and popped sheepshead for a few hours then found the whiting right before we had to head back. We left the fishing biting. Perfect day. Not too hot ... awesome breeze.

Attachments

• IMG_4584.jpg
    IMG_4584.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 696

Riplukelee

If I work at it I'll upgrade to a table like Steyr ... yesterday was just one of those days where the fish bite like you expect. I didn't use regular brand name popping corks because I wanted to be able to adjust the depth to find the fish. I used the cheap styrofoam floats with the green stem. They didn't hold up. And we missed fish because of it.

armyvet4583

If I work at it I'll upgrade to a table like Steyr ... yesterday was just one of those days where the fish bite like you expect. I didn't use regular brand name popping corks because I wanted to be able to adjust the depth to find the fish. I used the cheap styrofoam floats with the green stem. They didn't hold up. And we missed fish because of it.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/BETT...8s51PKqyptcjrozQ5mPGF4cn9ESALs5UR8aAm7X8P8HAQ try these out. Good cork and can fish any depth you want.