Bear Sighting Poll

SlipperyHill Mo

Just wondering how many counties in the state have black bear been seen. Please list what county and when and where and any details. Bears may be in more counties than I thought

Me first

Talbot-7-2011 on trail cam at corn feeder

simpleman30

Liberty County and Effingham County (both near Savannah). One was hit by a car in Liberty county a few weeks ago and some guy killed one 10 or so years ago in Effingham.

GA DAWG

Dawson,Gilmer and Lumpkin. Only Dawson this yr. Ain't been out much yet though.

Blast

Lumpkin County is covered up with bears. Had one walk up to within 30 feet of me recently on my property before he smelled me and turned around. I have walked up on to many to count up in the National Forrest areas.

Bo D

Had one way tooo close walk up my porch, and grab a bag of corn i had out there couple weeks ago in Webster County, havent seen since....

hoppie

Seen them, their tracks, and gotten on camera in Twiggs and Houston Counties. Also in Washington County, but the first two I mentioned are eat up with them anywhere close to the river.

RLTW27

Saw a big mamma and her cub walking on Blue Ridge Road aka Tennessee Valley Divide Road (NF) 3 days ago when we were walking our Ranger Students. She was about 100 yards away from our patrol just strolling along the road. We see them all the time this time of year.

Backlasher82

Rabun County may have the stray bear wander through from time to time.;)