Tree Lounge tree stands?

Anyone know if these are any good? I don't much about climber stands but my new neighbor is Margaret Hice (founder of tree lounge) and she was telling me a lil bit about the stands. Don't really have a need for a new stand, just curious.:huh:

buddy48

They're comfortable but dont plan on packing it in and out of the woods very far. They are relatively heavy. For the price of them I would look elsewhere unless she is looking to give you one!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They're high quality, solid, very comfortable stands. They also weigh a ton.

georgia_home

Used a friends once. The comments above are accurate.

Good to hunt from, but not something you want to pack around.

The version I used was an older model.

A. Taylor

I have 2 of them. They are very comfortable to sit in. If I plan on hunting all day I will usually use one. The down side to them is the weight. If I want to move around alot or walk in somewhere I will stick to my lightweight summits. I started with tree lounge and then got the lighter stands later. I think alot of people who started with lighter stands and then tried tree lounge don't have good opinions of them. But I think overall they are good and very safe stands.

Rodonne1

I have one and would love to sell it just to get rid of it... It's too heavy and difficult to setup by yourself. I think they were a big trend when they first came out because it was the first of its kind. I'm sure their sales have plumeted...

kfranz

Bulky, not too heavy, and really clangs around if you don't have it secured while carrying it through the woods. That thing could climb up a greased telephone pole though, its the safest climber you can buy. I wouldn't hunt out of a climber if it wasn't for the tree lounge.

Will-dawg

I hunt out of one and have for 15 years and I love it!!! It is very comfortable and safe.

The one thing that I don't understand is why everyone thinks they are heavy.?:huh: I think it is fairly light, compact and very easy to carry and put on a tree.( and mine is the older square tubing model ) I have used other stands as well and the tree lounge is my favorite by far!

rutandstrut

I have one and would love to sell it just to get rid of it... It's too heavy and difficult to setup by yourself. I think they were a big trend when they first came out because it was the first of its kind. I'm sure their sales have plumeted...

I had one for a little while and sold it! I wish I would have kept it! In the Videos they had a set of Wheels that mounted through the Frame of the Stand so you could pull it behind you instead of carrying it. It also doubles as a Deer Cart one you have one! If you are serious about getting rid of yours shoot me a PM...I may be interested in it!

Led Zeppelin

Amazing stand. great for all day hunts. we have a joke that they should make a video on how to stay awake in a tree lounge cause they r so comfortable. heave yes but VERY Very safe. in the video that it comes with it shows, i think it was, her ^^leaning completely over the side of it...while on a metal pole...didnt budge.all in all great stand. if you do get one get the "net" that goes along with it

NOYDB

BANNED
I had one with the bow adaptor. I've changed clothes while in the stand. You will fall asleep in one.

If I had a place that needed that kind of stand I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

mikel

Amazing stand. great for all day hunts. we have a joke that they should make a video on how to stay awake in a tree lounge cause they r so comfortable. heave yes but VERY Very safe. in the video that it comes with it shows, i think it was, her ^^leaning completely over the side of it...while on a metal pole...didnt budge.all in all great stand. if you do get one get the "net" that goes along with it
X2 for me staying awake after you get one set up is harder than packing it in and out

tyler1

I only hunted out of one one time. While sitting it was great but we were bow hunting and standing up on the bow adapter was just uncomfortable. I was so far from the tree and the thing had a little bounce to it that caused me to be very nervous. Good and bad points from my experence.

bulletproof1510

I've hunted out of a Treelounge since 1995. I have climbed just about anything with it. I usually hunt around the 30-40 foot limit. If you follow the instructions and practice with it, it will be the best stand to hunt out of. I have both models and use the square tubing one the most. Very hard to stay awake in but pack a lunch and sit all day long. Like I said practice climbing with it before just unpacking and taking to the woods (that's most us men's problems, we don't follow directions well). Bob Hice was an innovator to stands just as Bill Jordan was to Realtree camoflauge.

YankeeRedneck

I really like mine. Yes it can get heavy sometimes but I feel very safe and secure when I'm in it so the trade off is worth it to me. Like others have said practice with it and you will enjoy it.

mtr3333

Banned
Go get in a lounge chair at the pool or deck. Get in it and see if you would want to stay in that position for 3-5 hrs in a tree. Take one through narrow trails and thickets(where deer are). I think a good thing about the comfort is after lugging it in, you'll have a place to sleep.

JohnK

It took me forever to come down a pine at dark, sticks too good. That bow adapter gets freaky when it's covered with snow. Guy I sold it to loves it.