Does anyone know anything about deer hunting in and around Memphis, TN

Rodonne1

There's a possibility that I may be moving to Memphis in the next two to three months for work and wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge about deer hunting in the area. It appears that I'm only about and hour or two from Missouri and southern Illinois, I know those are always big buck states from the pictures I see. Any advise is welcome and appreciated, thanks in advance! :flag:

Don't forget about possible deer hunting opps in Arkansas and Mississippi too. Also, check out land between the lakes NRA. But, you'll probably turn into a die-hard duck hunter livin in that part of the world!

Rodonne1

Don't forget about possible deer hunting opps in Arkansas and Mississippi too. Also, check out land between the lakes NRA. But, you'll probably turn into a die-hard duck hunter livin in that part of the world!

Very true, that's a good point... Do you know if it would be better to travel north south east or west from Memphis? Thanks!

NOYDB

BANNED
Lived in Memphis for 5 years.

There's pretty good hunting in all directions. Lots of great fishing too.

pcrouch

Good hunting. Lots of open fields and agriculture. As there are less people and more land, clubs tend to be cheaper. Good sized deer too, not quite like Missouri or Illinois, but big.

Rodonne1

Good hunting. Lots of open fields and agriculture. As there are less people and more land, clubs tend to be cheaper. Good sized deer too, not quite like Missouri or Illinois, but big.

Do you think it would be better to travel to Missouri or Illinois tp join a club?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I lived near Jackson for a few years and my brother still lives there. It is true that duck hunting is king but there is a lot of land around Carroll and Benton counties loaded with deer. I don't know if you've found a place to live, but Germantown and Collierville are the better towns that are close to Memphis.

shdw633

There is a club in Tupelo Mississippi that my buddy who owns some land up there hunts in that is 1000's of acres and only 300 a year and he loves in. There is great hunting and fishing opportunities all over the area. You will love it.

Rodonne1

I'm really glad to hear this, I've wanted to join a club around Georgia for years, however, I've just never been able to justify spending $700-$1000 to have access to hunt someone else's land for 1 year. Every year I tell myself that I'm just gonna do it next year and not think about the money but then back out in the spring when time rolls around. If the prices are more affordable out there then I will definetly join a good club. Thanks guys!

Rodonne1

I've never been duck hunting in my life, always wanted to though!