Lake Seaton

nickruis

Fished Seaton today for the third time. It's a hard lake to fish the first two times I went I caught 4 each time with no size. Today I was out at daylight and only caught one. Luckily it had some size weighed 5.5 so I was happy with it.

Attachments

• 20150825_090120_002.jpg
    20150825_090120_002.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 542

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seaton rewards the technically advanced angler.

nickruis

Well I wouldn't say I'm advanced but I hold my own in bass fishing. Just glad to see a bigger fish. My boss caught a 7.6 out of there a year or so ag . Makes me wonder has anyone caught a 10+ out of it.

nickruis

It was in a creek and it was stained. Zoom Mag 2 pumpkin worm dipped in chart.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well I wouldn't say I'm advanced but I hold my own in bass fishing. Just glad to see a bigger fish. My boss caught a 7.6 out of there a year or so ag . Makes me wonder has anyone caught a 10+ out of it.

Yes.
Seaton has very little off shore structure, if you find it you can catch quite a few.
I no longer live in Carroll County, but I enjoyed fishing Seaton.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Yes.
Seaton has very little off shore structure, if you find it you can catch quite a few.
I no longer live in Carroll County, but I enjoyed fishing Seaton.

Same here. Caught a ton of fish out of that lake and some very good ones at that. You are coming up on one of my favorite times to catch them. From early fall into November the fishing was always very good for me. Square bill crankbaits and wood was the ticket.

If you have a decent graph you could always find tons of spots on deep points and a drop shot would make pretty easy work on them.

Also, in late summer (now) there was alway schooling activity in the late afternoons on the main arm towards the dam. The shad fry would ball up and you will see them on top. You would never catch big ones chasing them, but could have some fun putting numbers in the boat. Anything that you could cast a mile to reach them would work. Small spoons, lipless crankbaits and such.