Gators in Wehadkee creek

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Did it have a hook on it? It may be a bream fisherman or fisherman in general that hung it up. The maggots will get on it and fall into the water causing a feeding frenzy.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
The cat too!:rofl: Good thing he didn't see a buffalo or groomed poodle. I'm sorry but it's not okay to shoot anything that moves in front of your deer stand.

Sorry if you thought I was off topic. I meant to note other species in the area out of their normal habitat.

I never said that it was okay to shoot just any ol thing in front of your stand! I just think they (the DNR) took it to far with that case!
Its all just a matter of opinion right? You got yours and I got mine! .....Wow!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Leave your door open for a day or two down here in southwest Georgia you`ll have one layin` in your bathtub. That`s how many alligators we got down here. You`ll get used to em. Just don`t feed em or pay em any mind.

nrh0011

I did not see a hook on it, however I talked to a guy close to the mill that said it had been hanging there for 3 weeks. That's the first time I have paddled there since last summer. Dnr notified

Bream Pole

gator

ditto what Robert Carter said, and you see a lot day time fishing also especially in the river lakes. Only ones that seem to mess with you are the ones you mess with or the ones stupid people have been throwing fish to. You should never feed a gator.

Bob Shaw

I was wondering why there weren't gators in West Point. After all, they caught one on I-85 near Newnan during the construction. We camp at Amity and R Shaefer Heard all the time, and my daughter loves to swim in the lake.

Bream Pole

gator

Hope people don't start throwing it things to eat. They need to be left alone. they are not pets. They get dangerous when they loose their distrust of man which most in the wild have. I think there are only 8 recorded attacks in Georgia. That said they make me nervous and there are around here (Altamaha) far more than you actually see and you see far more than you want to. I always wonder how many are under my boat in some of these ox bow lakes.

tone357

Hope people don't start throwing it things to eat. They need to be left alone. they are not pets. They get dangerous when they loose their distrust of man which most in the wild have. I think there are only 8 recorded attacks in Georgia. That said they make me nervous and there are around here (Altamaha) far more than you actually see and you see far more than you want to. I always wonder how many are under my boat in some of these ox bow lakes.
There's lot's of them under your boat. And they're looking at you.::ke: