A guy walks into your church ...

hobbs27

The whosoever that will, are the whosoever that are made willing by the regenerating Holy Spirit.

John 7 : 37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified

welderguy

John 7 : 37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified

Do you believe that it takes faith to come to God?

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Do you believe faith is given by God?

Eph.2:8
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Do you believe a man can seek God, without being drawn by God to do so?

John 6:44
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Do you believe a man is able to believe in God without belief being first given to him?

Philippians 1:29
29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

hobbs27

Do you believe that it takes faith to come to God?

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Do you believe faith is given by God?

Eph.2:8
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Do you believe a man can seek God, without being drawn by God to do so?

John 6:44
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Do you believe a man is able to believe in God without belief being first given to him?

Philippians 1:29
29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Yes.

Yes, but a measure is given after one has faith that Jesus is Lord.. A measure of faith is given to each of us to sustain us.

Yes, I believe most Muslim's and Jew's today seek God, but as the old song goes, they are looking for Love in all the wrong places.

Yes, I don't think God makes any of us believe to be saved. That is our choice. I believe the Spirit calls by drawing and the Church calls by preaching Jesus is Lord. But it is not forced on any man. I have heard the testimony of men that denied the drawing.. One man dying said the door was shut on him after many callings and he was never drawn by the Spirit again... Some that thirst will and do turn away from the waters.

welderguy

Yes.

Yes, but a measure is given after one has faith that Jesus is Lord.. A measure of faith is given to each of us to sustain us.

Yes, I believe most Muslim's and Jew's today seek God, but as the old song goes, they are looking for Love in all the wrong places.

Yes, I don't think God makes any of us believe to be saved. That is our choice. I believe the Spirit calls by drawing and the Church calls by preaching Jesus is Lord. But it is not forced on any man. I have heard the testimony of men that denied the drawing.. One man dying said the door was shut on him after many callings and he was never drawn by the Spirit again... Some that thirst will and do turn away from the waters.

Do you believe there are particular ones who are ordained to eternal life and believe?

Acts 13:48
48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

hobbs27

Do you believe there are particular ones who are ordained to eternal life and believe?

Acts 13:48
48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

No, I believe some reject the word of God.

Acts 13:
46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles

welderguy

Yes.

Do you believe that all men have faith?

2 Thessalonians 3:2
2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

hobbs27

Do you believe those that reject the word of God until death were somehow still ordained by God to eternal life?

If so, how would man prevent something that God ordained?

All men do not have faith.Turning from faithless to faithful requires repentance.

The only ones ordained by God to eternal life are those that choose to believe Jesus is Lord.

Last edited:

welderguy

All men do not have faith.Turning from faithless to faithful requires repentance.

But earlier you agreed that faith must be given to us by God.

Are you now saying we have faith of ourselves? And if we don't possess this faith, we must repent and conjure it up somehow? Sounds contradictory to me.Explain how one can give himself this saving faith.

centerpin fan

Are you now saying we have faith of ourselves? And if we don't possess this faith, we must repent and conjure it up somehow? Sounds contradictory to me.Explain how one can give himself this saving faith.

" ... faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Rom 10:17

hobbs27

You misunderstood me. Once we have faith and accept Christ as Lord... Already Christian, then God gives us a measure of faith to see us through. He gives a measure of faith to already saved folks.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
So what happen to the gay couple.
Front row seats or in the back row. Either way are they in the pews.

Artfuldodger

1 Corinthians 2:14
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

" ... faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Rom 10:17

I'm picturing a person on a small tiny isolated island who has never heard the word of God. At least not from a man.

Now getting back to the folks who have heard the Word from a man. Why do some folks think it foolish?

1 Corinthians 1:23-24
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,24But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
What happened to he who is with out sin cast the first stone.

Ask your self what u have committed. Did you pass judgement or quote bible verses.

So everyone in your church has not broken a commandment.
Forgive me father for I have sinned.

centerpin fan

What happened to he who is with out sin cast the first stone.

You're talking about the woman caught in adultery, brought to Jesus by the Pharisees. That is a completely different scenario than the OP:

A guy walks into your church and says, “Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. He died for my sins. Because we are in agreement on these key issues, I’d like to join your church. I must tell you, though, that I support myself by working as a gay prostitute. I am in a committed relationship with my boyfriend. We are living together until we can get married. I struggled with reconciling my homosexuality with Christianity for years. After reading several gay Christian websites, though, I now realize that God made me gay, and homosexuality is not a sin.”

What would you say to the guy?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
So there's different adulteration situations.
We can stone the gay couple.
Thanks.