moultrie m-80 problems HELP

Hunter0884

I have a moultrie m-80 and it will take pics but when it goes into sleep mode and I open it and get in front of it then it says taking but its not saving pic to memory card I have reset it and bought a new card and it is the card that the cam recommends. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

papachaz

one word is the problem -moultrie- are you turning it off before you take the card out? some of them are picky about that, if you don't turn it off first, you lose data

Hunter0884

Yea I turn it off it says taking when it takes it is suppose to have a 10 second delay countdown after it takes. To save pic to card but its not doing that

babin

Just sent my camera to the factory. A week later they send me a new one. The great thing about it they upgraded me!

flatwoods

I like my m-80's but every problem I have had is card related.
They are picky about cards. I have some cards that will work in some and not the others????

GA DAWG

Same here. I have to make dern sure and not get my moultrie m-80 card mixed up with my other cameras cards. I have 2 strictly for it. Even then every now and then I have to reformat them on my computer.

Hunter0884

Yea I called moultrie they specifically told me what card I bought a new one it works fine til it goes in sleep mode guess I will send it back thanks for the help guys

dcinmo

I had the same problem. Sent the camera back in to Moultrie and they sent me a new one. Problem fixed !

ScottA

I have 5 M-80's and never had any problems with the cameras or SD cards (using Sony, PNY, and ScanDisc). My buddy's M-80 had the same problem as yours a couple of weeks ago. He sent it back to Moultrie and 10 days later a new one was at his door.

littlenorth

A few things to try if you haven't done so: 1)check your batteries with a digital meter. Any battery reading 1.0 to 1.2 volt, the camera will not function properly or not at all. 2)try a different brand of SD card making sure it is recognized by your camera (not too large). Some camera manufactures say their camera will accept up to a 32 GB card when in fact they will not. 3)a good brand of SD card is SanDisk. I randomly use SanDisk, Adapta, Lexar and Verbatim. All my cards are formatted in my computer. Bushnell has the option of formatting in the camera. 4)check with the manufacture to see if they have an update or patch. To return the camera you will need your purchase receipt, a return authorization number from the manufacture and pay shipping. Good luck.