apple flavored corn v/s regular corn

bublewis

If their hungry, I don't know that it would make a difference. But an idea that I got while looking at the latest baiting morality thread gives me an idea for a new flavor: doe in heat corn. Why not combine reproductive drive w/hunger pangs?:banana:

shakey gizzard

The first time you put it out, apples will help them find it. Once there on it, there on it!:cool:

ChasinGame

Theres this guy that lives in my neighborhood and he doesnt hunt but he feeds the deer and i always see deer in his yard eating on his pile of corn,well today he was in the road and i stopped to talk with him and he was telling me he poored out regular corn and the deer wouldnt touch it,would only eat apple flavored corn.Ive always used regular but was just wondering if anyone has ever experience this before.

hiawassee1

The feed store was out of regular last time, so bought the apple flavored. The does that come in early would pretty much wipe out the 5lbs I put out every night, but the apple flavored they just dont seem to eat as much at one time, but they certainly eat it. The bear seems to like it also.

shortround1

Gone But Not Forgotten
Theres this guy that lives in my neighborhood and he doesnt hunt but he feeds the deer and i always see deer in his yard eating on his pile of corn,well today he was in the road and i stopped to talk with him and he was telling me he poored out regular corn and the deer wouldnt touch it,would only eat apple flavored corn.Ive always used regular but was just wondering if anyone has ever experience this before.
deer have different taste just like humans. some like collards, some wouldn't touch them. deer will always go to a food that gives them a max of food for their buck. that being said i put out no corn because i have a 2 acre plot behind my house that is seeded in alpha-rack. i put a ton of lime and 1/2 half ton of 0/0/10 every year, by the way i have a 25 year old granny smith apple tree next to my driveway, yall come!:biggrin2::cool::cheers::bounce:

Smokepoler

Do you think they should allow hunting over corn in Georgia?

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
I always though corn was a flavor. I guess apple flavored corn is for deer that don't like corn? I'll bet they'd have to have some hoity-toity double-latte with cinnamon and whipped cream instead of regular coffee flavored coffee, too.....It's probably some of them deer that live in the fancy neighborhoods around here and live on a diet of flower beds.

00Beau

How do you know it is apple flavored, or does it just smell like apples ?

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten

ChasinGame

I always though corn was a flavor. I guess apple flavored corn is for deer that don't like corn? I'll bet they'd have to have some hoity-toity double-latte with cinnamon and whipped cream instead of regular coffee flavored coffee, too.....It's probably some of them deer that live in the fancy neighborhoods around here and live on a diet of flower beds.

The last I heard corn was a vegetable not a flavor.I havent seen any grown flavors yet.:rofl::rofl::rofl::whip: