I'm Lucky

Deerhunter12454

Last night i was coming home from work in the pouring rain. As i was driving home i hit a slick spot in the road and began to spin around. Luckily i missed all the other cars that were around me. I ended up in the trees totally freaked out about what happened. The first thing i realized is i just spun around and hit a tree and ended up in smaller ones. I called my mom to let her know what happened. My coworkers were driving by and saw me,Freaked out they came out and helped me get out of the vehicle and check the damage. It was horrible, the car is totaled. People never cease to amaze me. None of the cars that were around stopped to check on me. On top of that 4 cop cars drove by before my parents got to where i was. A cop eventually came and saw me but asked me a bunch of stupid questions like if i had been drinking and other stuff. They gave me two tickets. One for failure to maintain lane and the other was failure to report an accident. Both of which i will see them in court for and will win because the area written down was wrong along with the date. Now i get to find another car in hopes of being able to go pier fishing this summer. The on thing i ask of yall is that if you see someone on the side of the road crashed, stop and help them.

joedublin

Had a similar thing happen to me when I was riding in a boat with a friend. Somehow we hit another boat's wake and our boat flipped over upside down. He was just recovering from a heart attack and the boat landed on my shoulder. I got to him and pulled him to the boat...then we kicked ourselves over to the bank. While we were doing that, several boats went by at slow speed...we called out for help ....and they all just looked but no one stopped. A park patrol boat came by about 5 minutes later and got both of us back to the landing safely. Glad he came by 'cause the other "fellow boaters' couldn't have cared less !

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Deerhunter12454,

I bet you had the cruise control turned on and when you lost traction you slammed on your brakes. Sometimes it takes a lot of money to learn how to drive.

gt40

bulldawgborn

I would call that blessed that you weren't hurt. Sad that nowadays people are likely more interested in trying to get a picture of the accident to share on social media than to actually check on the occupants of the car. These smart phones are definitely eroding the little bit of sense that some people have left.

DAVE

Deerhunter12454,

I bet you had the cruise control turned on and when you lost traction you slammed on your brakes. Sometimes it takes a lot of money to learn how to drive.

gt40

I am glad you were not hurt and did not hurt somebody else. But I would bet you were driving too fast with worn out tires, using the phone/texting and passing. Just guessing.

Curtis-UGA

I am glad you were not hurt and did not hurt somebody else. But I would bet you were driving too fast with worn out tires, using the phone/texting and passing. Just guessing.

You kow what they say about when you assume!

I for one am glad you are ok. Sounds pretty scary.

BillK

It cost me a lot of money to learn to drive, but that's not the point. If someone needs help to get out of a bad situation whether it be their own fault or not, by all means people, lend a helping hand. I too am glad you were able to walk away from the accident.

Lilly001

Deerhunter12454,

gt40

It's a shame there are no warnings not to use your cruise control on slick roads. If you loose traction it usualy puts you in a spin before you can react.
Some vehicles have traction control that helps, but if it's slippery out turn off the cruise and slow down.
I am always amazed at how many cars spin out and end up in the median of the interstate when it rains.
People don't seem to realise that any rain or fog reduces traction, sometimes dramatically.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Wow.. I guess folks sure do like to pass judgement before knowing the facts! facepalm:facepalm:

The kid in question is my nephew and I assure you your comments are very far from facts so I'll take the bet!!

Deerhunter12454

Wow.. I guess folks sure do like to pass judgement before knowing the facts! facepalm:facepalm:

The kid in question is my nephew and I assure you your comments are very far from facts so I'll take the bet!!

After reading his other posts he doesn't seem like the nicest of people. Its all good, life is too sweet to worry about people like him. I wasn't texting or anything just driving and no there was no cruise control. Just a freak accident. I'm extremely lucky because it could've been so much worse. I wish the cop who gave me the tickets starts to figure out why some dont like gwinnett county police that much.

~How's Utah? Hope everything is good and everybody is doing good. I miss y'all!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Glad your O K.. Good luck in court. Gotta watch them wet roads.

This is posted in the deer forum with the title "I'm Lucky" I would expect a deer story LOLs. This belongs in the campfire.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Wow

swampstalker24

Nothing worse than the feeling of losing control of your vehicle.....
This winter I lost control twice in the same day.... the first was coming back from duck hunting and hit a slick spot on a bridge. I was doing the speed limit (65) and that aint no fun when your going down the road sideways.... Later that afternoon I was coming home from a docters appointment and it had started snowing pretty good. Well, I was still a bit shaken up from earlier that day, so I was only going about 30, other cars flying past me like I was standing still, and I managed to loose control again, crossing the median into on coming traffic and ending up in the ditch on the other side of the 4 lane highway. Went to the tire shop the next day and got some better winter tires and put a few sand bags in the bed of my truck and made it through the winter in one piece. I was lucky not to have gotten hurt or bang my truck up too bad!

DAVE

Like I said I was just guessing. I hit a slick spot in the road is another way of saying I lost traction. If you are driving on wet (not ice) pavement and lose traction it is usually due to worn tires or going faster than the tread on your tires can handle or hitting a deep puddle that you didn't notice for whatever reason. If you care about your nephew then you probably should check his tires and talk to him and try to find out how he went from driving down the road to spinning out and hitting trees.