UPDATE basecamp scam?

Sundays Money

OK, First off i always thought base camp was a honest company, high on some of there property but they have to make something

I have paid the 100$ to be a wall hanger member for 2 years without leasing anything thru them, yesterday a 690 acre lease in hopkins county KY. came out and i put a deposit on it. Two hours later the agent calls me, proceeds to tell me the lease wasn't suppose to go out until next monday and it was a mistake, in the same conversation (8-10-min) he says the land owner changed his mind. they are refunding my deposit but something seems shady.

i feel like they have a contract with the owner and i may not be the one who was suppose to get the lease.

thoughts?

4/27
After trying to get some answers from different sources involved, it looks like the owner withdrew from basecamp due to a outfitter offering more $$
makes me feel a little better

Last edited:

whitetailfreak

Dont know about a scam, but bad business practice for sure. Nice looking property, and good luck.

Seems like that may be a inside job meaning someone else wanted it and they told you it wasn't available and gave you your money back my guess . What it seems like

goob

If you didn't do anything wrong with slapping a deposit on it, I'd be sure to tell them I wanted it anyways. What does it posting up next week matter anyhow? They had somebody else in mind and somebody clicked post before they were ready. You just got the jump on it!

flatsmaster

i have also been a wallhanger member and fortunately never had this problem though i do not have a lease with them currently .... which day it went out would make no sense unless previous lessee had a few more days to reup ... landowner possible has a out if he wasnt going to lease it at all or it sold but if property is still in the system then its hard to imagine there wasnt some funny business

flatsmaster

Sunday if u see it still in there kty leases but leased Id call Steve Meng and have him explain what happened ... That way if there was anything funny and it was his territory agent then he can look into it or explain to u what happened ... Good luck

BornToHuntAndFish

Yep, something just does not sound quite right about it. Hope you can get to the bottom of it with good explanations. Looks like some fine property in Western Kentucky. Best of luck to you & your crew getting some good hunting leases.