Georgia Outfitters

BassHunter25

I have heard Jeff foxworthy say that his place is partially high fenced, I believe along a highway. But it is still 100% free range. He said it on an episode of Bucks of Tecomate I think.

1md2b

I am pretty sure there is one in South Ga outside Sylvester on either 33 or 313..cant remember which one.

NOPE....live near there.

North of Sylvester on Highway 33 between Old Mail Rd and Doe Hill Rd. Between 1000-1200 acres. Private only, doesn't offer hunts. Been fenced in for years.

Last edited:

Buck Nasty

North of Sylvester on Highway 33 between Old Mail Rd and Doe Hill Rd. Between 1000-1200 acres. Private only, doesn't offer hunts. Been fenced in for years.

I know I am not blind and knew there was one there.. Thanks for confirming. Didnt know it was private...but all I can say is they must have spent a fortune on that fence.

ASH556

who is our grandpaw i've hunted in Blakley at the River Place for several years love that place

They probably call him either Lanier or "Sonny". 6'4" Athletic build, he played ball for UGA in the 50's.

nimrod

No high fences in GA that I have ever heard of....except for the yellow river game ranch, etc.

Dixieland Plantation is right off of Interstate 16 in Twiggs County. I think they have about 1000 acres of high fenced area.

Big Doe Down

Outside of Columbus GA there is an area that I have seen that has 2 different properties with high fences. I don't think they are open to the public but I was told that 1 belongs to Realtree and the other to Jeff Foxworthy. Don't know how true that is, I am new here.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats is %100 bull. Niether of those properties are high fenced. If they were then how exactly do you think those deer that are killed there are being scored officially P&Y, or B&C? And how exactly do you think some of the deer killed there are entered in the truck buck contest? Don't believe me? Look up Glenn Garner in the past couple years truck buck results. It cracks me up what people hear and believe. The only way anyone could come up with that idea would be if they say a high fence along the highway and just figured it was one of those places and it was around the whole property, which is false because that is just to keep deer from running across the highway and getting hit. I can promise you that both Bill Jordan's farm, as well as Foxworthy's farm are both free range.

pstrahin

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats is %100 bull. Niether of those properties are high fenced. If they were then how exactly do you think those deer that are killed there are being scored officially P&Y, or B&C? And how exactly do you think some of the deer killed there are entered in the truck buck contest? Don't believe me? Look up Glenn Garner in the past couple years truck buck results. It cracks me up what people hear and believe. The only way anyone could come up with that idea would be if they say a high fence along the highway and just figured it was one of those places and it was around the whole property, which is false because that is just to keep deer from running across the highway and getting hit. I can promise you that both Bill Jordan's farm, as well as Foxworthy's farm are both free range.

Just so you and everybody else is clear, I am not bashing them for protecting their property. I understand from another Woody's member that the property is only fenced along the road. But I don't care either way, I saw the fence and asked a local about it and that is the answer that I was given. So now you go back to playing with your realtree figurines.

Big Doe Down

Just so you and everybody else is clear, I am not bashing them for protecting their property. I understand from another Woody's member that the property is only fenced along the road. But I don't care either way, I saw the fence and asked a local about it and that is the answer that I was given. So now you go back to playing with your realtree figurines.

Play with them?!! Those babies are still in the box in my glass cabinet! They are going to be worth a bunch someday!! :D:D

It's all in good fun man, just explaining the truth to you. Didn't mean to sound angry of anything! :cool:

pstrahin

Play with them?!! Those babies are still in the box in my glass cabinet! They are going to be worth a bunch someday!! :D:D

It's all in good fun man, just explaining the truth to you. Didn't mean to sound angry of anything! :cool:

It is often misunderstood what people are trying to convey when you simply read the words without the inflection or tone. My appologies for the snide remark about the figurines. To be honest, if I had their money and time, I would fence my place up too. It would be reserved for close friends and family. Happy Hunting.

nkbigdog

It is often misunderstood what people are trying to convey when you simply read the words without the inflection or tone. My appologies for the snide remark about the figurines. To be honest, if I had their money and time, I would fence my place up too. It would be reserved for close friends and family. Happy Hunting.

Can I be your friend? I need a couple of Doe's for the freezer:whip:

wildbill05

Outside of Columbus GA there is an area that I have seen that has 2 different properties with high fences. I don't think they are open to the public but I was told that 1 belongs to Realtree and the other to Jeff Foxworthy. Don't know how true that is, I am new here.

neither realtree farms or foxworthy's place are high fenced, I hunt across the street from them. there are some baseball players that have high fences in the area though

esmit1

There is one in central Georgia it is called Dixieland plantation. I've been out there before because me and my dad used to feed them and I kid you not there were white-tailed deer out there that were 3 1/2 years old that would score every bit of 160

pepsibowhunter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: People kill me with the hear say stuff.I can promise you there is no high fence on either of these properties.They get upset when the deer they have been letting grow and get some age on them goes onto another tract of land and someone else shoots it.Both places are 100% free range.I can promise you that was not their property in which you were shown to be their's.

So True, It's called very good deer Management!!!!!:cool: