Big shed from 1993.

hambone76

My late cousin found this in Macon County back in 1993. It has been measured a few times by different folks and it has been scored at around 78 inches. We covered a lot of ground on our old 3,000 acre club and never found a matching side. The coolest part is the bullet hole clean through it. Our lease was near a lot of ag fields so it was likely shot by somebody spotlighting.
Figured I'd share this with you all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,673

hambone76

Another

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,649

hambone76

Another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,655

hambone76

Last one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,658

hambone76

The entry hole is just beneath the brow time. (Pic #3)

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
thats pretty cool:cool:

uturn

A Trophy in My Book...Long Live the Memories of You, Your Cousin and Days Gone By!!

Sweet!

Gut_Pile

Very cool. Someone was heart broken when they pulled the trigger on that one

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
would have been a good one in 94

deerhuntingdawg

Thats a monster shed right there. Thanks for sharing

walkinboss01

Yep. That's a monster shed!!!

hambone76

Very cool. Someone was heart broken when they pulled the trigger on that one

We figured with the hole going straight through from the front it was likely that someone had a Q-beam on that deer and aimed for his eyes. They may have never known it was a buck. We were surrounded by ag fields and spotlighting was a big problem down there. I bet the energy deposit from that bullet knocked the fire outta that deer.

bulldawgborn

That is a world class shed and pretty awesome that there is a bullet hole in it. Maybe one of his great grandsons will come by you this year.

We figured with the hole going straight through from the front it was likely that someone had a Q-beam on that deer and aimed for his eyes. They may have never known it was a buck. We were surrounded by ag fields and spotlighting was a big problem down there. I bet the energy deposit from that bullet knocked the fire outta that deer.

That was my first thought too. Word in my county is that one of the biggest bucks shot there was poached back in the early 90s. He is not on the record books, and I have only seen pictures of him...gnarly non typical. The guy who shot him supposedly shot it for a doe and was going to leave it laying. He told one of his associates who didn't want to let the meat waste. When they walked up on the "doe" it had a massive set of antlers and all of a sudden the poacher decided he wanted the deer after all. Makes me .38 hot every time I think about it.