Gas hot water heater

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We are going to have to purchase a new Gas hot water heater as the old one has about played out. We want a good one and don't mind paying more for Quality. Any suggestions on a brand to consider?

T-N-T

Look into to tankless big guy. They will save you cash in the long run. But up front they cost more.
The wave of the future so to speak

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Bo$$, raise the dues to da Billy club and get you a tankless. When my water heater needs replacing, that is what I am going to do. Never run out of hot water again, and do pay to heat water when you aren't using it. Best of both worlds.

Jim Baker

Staff member
This unit is 8 years old more or less. It is mounted outside and tied to the plumbing in the Master Bath two feet behind it. It hidden behind the shrubs and fence. On top of everything else it is mounted in the shade on the north end of house(ignore the mildew, going to clean and reseal siding this spring). Never had a problem. De-lime it ever 8 or 9 mos. De-liming takes about and hour.

If you have an area you can mount and plumb in outside unit it is probably 1/3 to 1/2 cost of an inside mount. Special venting for inside mounts.

Mine has thermostat mounted inside you can regulate the temp of the water without mixing in cold. Great feature for young kids or elderly.

Attachments

• 100_1748.jpg
    100_1748.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 220

Duff

Smiths

Killdee

Stay away from GE, not sure who mfg them but we had 2 to fail at my sisters house after about 2 years. Home Depot/ GE replaced both, they no longer carry them and the Reem brand has not been any problems.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Another Noritz Tankless fan here!!! I love mine on the new house!!!