Maytag refrigerator leaking water from the back.

harderthansoft

I'm going to do my best to explain the part that is leaking. Its a water and ice dispensing unit. On the back Of refrigerator the lines run from the top where I assume it's attached to the filter housing. 2 lines run down to the bottom into 2 round fittings. Water is pushing out the top of one of them. Its mounted on a metal plate and has to sets of wires. I just need to know the exact name of the part so I can order it.

BDD

Probably just a clog in the defrost drain line going to the pan on the bottom of the frig.

Lilly001

Sometimes the feed line leaks and you can remove it and, after cutting off a bit, reinsert it.
Google your model number and there are websites that give diagrams that will let you ID the part.

carver

Water supply valve

one coil supplys water to the icemaker,the other to the water in the door,(your bracket maybe different than pic.)Retired service tech

Attachments

• th[6].jpg
    th[6].jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
mine gave me so much grief i finally unhooked it

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
even replumbed it once with new 8mm od tubing

carver

Look at your icemaker, in the rear there will be a tube that supply's water to the icemaker mold, this tube must be free of ice (if you see ice inside the tube your supply valve is "weeping "and allowing a small amount of water in and has frozen. This will cause water pressure to
leak water in and around the valve,if the ice is in the tube the valve is bad and will need to be replaced and the ice MUST be removed from the tube (you can use a hair dryer)

harderthansoft

Yes the picture that Carver posted is exactly what is leaking. Its like pressure is pushing it up and out the little tabs on top.

Last edited:

Oldstick

Those are solenoid switches and valves. One turns on to dispense water from the spout on the front and the other cuts on to dispense water into the ice maker when it's time to.

So it is either the line connections to the valves leaking or you can search for "solenoid valve" for your particular make/model, if necessary to replace them.

pine floor

Try this place.

Resized_20180119_201054_7337.jpg

We have used them before, and pretty good people.

Just have model and make handy.

Washer, Dryer, fridge, deep freezers and stoves.

They will ship overnight also.:fine:

PF