***General Weather Discussion #10 for 2017 / 2018***

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey30725

Well, send a message to your app and tell it you don't appreciate it not letting you know that you're gonna get wet Monday night. :bounce:

Well, it messed my order up for snow and gave me ice instead, so I guess it may or may not rain on Monday.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
NCHillbilly would consider that a warming trend.

After it gets below 0, it really doesn't matter any more. It's like the difference in falling off a 50-foot building or a hundred-foot one. :)

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
230fqy.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The white walkers are coming.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
After it gets below 0, it really doesn't matter any more. It's like the difference in falling off a 50-foot building or a hundred-foot one. :)

Sort of kind of but not really.

At 0°f most won't feel any discomfort unless they suffer from bronchial issues to begin with.

At -40°f prolonged unmasked breathing exposure can cause bronchial spasms and eventual respiratory problems.

At -85°f breathing without a covered face can result in actual frostbite of the airways, to eventually include the lungs is possible, and extremely deadly.

I stay at Marriotts, not Holiday Inns.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I used to do maintenance work at the Publix dairy plant.

They had a huge ice cream hardening freezer that was -40 F. You had to wear a heavy freezer suit and stay no longer than 15 minutes at a time in there. Stuff was always breaking or getting clogged with ice cream that squirted out of containers caught in the equipment.

I can tell you for sure -40 F is miserable. It gives me a chill even now 17 years later to think about it.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Im going with this... Probably going to have some cold weather between now and the first of April... Be prepared! Also some rain will fall between now and then.. So be careful how you plan!! Othernat... We are good ta go!!!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Ddd must be fanny hurt again he ain't posted in a month
He had a death in the family and they are working through that.
Im going with this... Probably going to have some cold weather between now and the first of April... Be prepared! Also some rain will fall between now and then.. So be careful how you plan!! Othernat... We are good ta go!!!
Bout right.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
S-word in the forecast again here for Tuesday night.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Bring the rain, I spread some chemicals that need watered in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.