Father kills motorcyclist following daughters home from Target in Athens

5.93 miles away through traffic...

On Friday afternoon at 6:00.

That is Athens main thoroughfare. You would be really really lucky to drive it in 20 minutes. It can easily take a good 15 minutes to go the half mile from the fire station which they passed to Franklin's Gun Shop, which they passed. I know that from bitter experience.

What has come out in the news since all this conversation started is that there was a deputy parked in a church about a block from these girl's house, watching the intersection they were supposed to have gone through, at the time they were supposed to have gone through it, and he didn't see anybody chasing anybody. Now I may be simple minded but that is going to be pretty hard to explain away.

Gear has hired the highest priced attorney in Athens.

Dub

If my kid were scared of another motorist, I would hope he would have the presence of mind to call 911, not me, until after the police have taken control of the situation.

Something real fishy about this one.

Either way, dad is fixin to get 3 squares a day and a new boyfriend.

I agree.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I wonder if they will try the case in Oconee or move it elsewhere?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I wonder if they will try the case in Oconee or move it elsewhere?

Good point. I'll bet they ask for a change of venue. No way he'd get a fair trial within 60 miles of there.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
So what ever happen to this case????????????????

Wiskey_33

I wonder how those girls are taking it, knowing they started a situation which lead to their father being in prison for the rest of his life.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
I wonder how those girls are taking it, knowing they started a situation which lead to their father being in prison for the rest of his life.

It would be nice if they would keep these low lifes in prison on a life sentence but I think it rarely happens these days. Just look at the guy out in California that kidnapped the 11 year old girl and kept her captive for 18 years. He had a life sentence prior to kidnapping her but was let out after only serving 11 years and then 3 years later, he kidnaps her. They need to take those kind of people and hang em and save the tax payers a lot of money and grief in the future.

30 06

A sad situation for all involved