stuffed striper

Friend of mine told me about a striper that they cooked. It was about a ten pound fish the scaled him and filleted him down both sides from the top without cutting all the way through removed the backbone and gutted him. Then they filled him up with peppers and onions crab meat and shrimp sewed em up and wrapped bacon around the outside and grilled em he said it was delicious just curious if any one on here had ever tried such.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
your are in trouble mister!! baited folks in with the title and mentioned Bacon, all without pics.....you may get banneded

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
No, but I'll take his word for it. How could it not be good with all those ingredients?

gtparts

No pics... never happened!

I don't have any pics was hoping someone on here would have some. If all goes as planned I should have some next weekend got to get the striper first though.

nkbigdog

Just my opinion but I have done cooked a ton of striper..The Idea sounds great all go good with bacon but.....fish cooks quick and I question by the time the bacon is crisp would the fish be over cooked? Need Pic's final decision is still open on this one!! Good Luck let us know:pop:

gtparts

Sounds like fish fattie, w/o the sausage. Don't come back without the striper; we need the pics.

Etter2

Banned
I've never eaten a striper. I only kill hybrids and whites but I imagine they must taste about the same. That sounds great though. Those white fish are definitely the best on a grill, rather than fried.

BradMyers

Gone but not forgotten
...curious if any one on here had ever tried such.

Kinda, growing up in Louisiana I ate a lot of oyster dressing. As a teen I got to go to Canada and on the bay I was staying I found a good bit of clams and wanted to do something with them. I caught a northern pike that I stuffed with a clam dressing after removing the head & skin. Seasoned, wrapped in bacon & foil, then baked for about 45 min, Removed the foil coated with butter & broiled to brown. It was great however pike don’t have the lateral line stripers & hybrids do. The linesides in the 2-3 pound range, even a little bigger are fine done whole.

My favorite way to do stuffed stripers is to filet a fish between 8-15 lbs. I take the thick shoulder pieces and cut into 6” lengths and butterfly. Then I fill with a crab dressing, homemade or store bought if I’m feeling lazy. Season, coat with butter and grill or bake. This my friends, is off the chain eats. I really want to get a 3 pounder and try a whole salt crusted bake next.

I hope some of these striper folk that have been wanting to take me fishing read this so it don’t come as a shock when my fish go in the cooler. I practice catch & release on ice.:D:cheers:

Last edited:

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Kinda, growing up in Louisiana I ate a lot of oyster dressing. As a teen I got to go to Canada and on the bay I was staying I found a good bit of clams and wanted to do something with them. I caught a northern pike that I stuffed with a clam dressing after removing the head & skin. Seasoned, wrapped in bacon & foil, then baked for about 45 min, Removed the foil coated with butter & broiled to brown. It was great however pike don’t have the lateral line stripers & hybrids do. The linesides in the 2-3 pound range, even a little bigger are fine done whole.

My favorite way to do stuffed stripers is to filet a fish between 8-15 lbs. I take the thick shoulder pieces and cut into 6” lengths and butterfly. Then I fill with a crab dressing, homemade or store bought if I’m feeling lazy. Season, coat with butter and grill or bake. This my friends, is off the chain eats. I really want to get a 3 pounder and try a whole salt crusted bake next.

I hope some of these striper folk that have been wanting to take me fishing read this so it don’t come as a shock when my fish go in the cooler. I practice catch & release on ice.:D:cheers:

on ice....:cool: AMEN!!!