bull barrel for a ruger 10/22

guntrader33

i am fixing to build a ruger 10/22 for some target shooting what is a good bull barrel for them and a good stock also and if you would post some pictures of your set ups so i will have some ideas thanks yall

pacecars

Do you want the added weight of a true bull barrel or do you want a .920 diameter barrel that is lightweight? I have a Whistlepig aluminum shrouded barrel in a Boyds stock that does very well and is very light.

DSC_0006-6.jpg

killitgrillit

VOLQUARTSEN thm carbon fiber barrel, shoots lights out.

sleepr71

As Pacecars said..no need for a (heavy) "bull barrel" on a 10/22 when a carbon-fiber/aluminum version will work just as well. I have a cheapy Butler Creek carbon fiber w/insert & BC synthetic stock on mine & it will keep 5 shots inside a quarter..out to about 75 yds with the right ammo. I am usually the limitation..the gun can probably shoot better than that:O.:cheers:Sleepr71

Offroadtek

Have you checked the 10-22 section of RimfireCentral dot com ?

There is alot of great info on that site.

Here's mine. It's got a Shooters Ridge stock and a Adams & Bennett barrel. Very accurate, very heavy. My TacSol AR22 has the lightweight Bull Barrel and it shoots very good too. If doing it again, I might just get the TacSol lightwieght barrel for my 10/22 also.
IMG_3539.JPG

Here's the first stock. I never could get used to the look of it.
IMG_2234.JPG

ASH556

This is a factory gun, but it's exactly the way I'd build one:

Ruger 10/22T - stainless. It's an older one with the real stainless hammer forged barrel (the newer ones are painted silver) and a great target trigger from the factory.

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

guntrader33

thanks yall there is good looking set up out there and what i am looking for is the .920 barrel like yall said there is no need in a true bull barrel the gun will end up 20 pounds with one on it but if yall have anymore suggestions on other things to put on it while building it please let me know thanks guys yall have been such great help on everything that i have ask thanks yall i am so glad there is still some good people out there in this messed up world we are in

georgia357

I would recommend a bolt buffer. Cheap and to me well worth the money.

JWarren

It acts like a shock absorber to prevent the bolt from battering the stop pin that is at the rear of the receiver.

sandhillmike

Gone but not forgotten
No bull barrel yet, but I like the Boyd's stock

Attachments

• 10:22.JPG
    10:22.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 1,224

pacecars

I got my barrel and stock from Whistlepig in a combo deal