NW Florida Rut

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Anybody noticing rut activity around Gadsden County area?

We're not seeing any activity, can't figure out what the deal is. Last 2 weekends had very minimal deer movement. Normally on our property we see quite a few deer while hunting, but lately we're seeing vey few.

Talked to some friends in the area & they're not seeing much movement either. Seems like the rut should be wide open. :huh:

paidoff

attachment-4_zpse28d822b.jpg
heres a rut map for you

quinn

It could be the lock down period we see before it gets going!

4HAND

Staff member
Might be. I've spoken to several guys I know in the area and they all say there has been little to no movement during the daytime for the last 3 weeks or so.

Mhaney

The rut in northeast, Gadsden co seemed to be the first 10 days of January. Since that time and with the hot weather, our deer sighting have decreased substantially.

4HAND

Staff member
That's what I'm hearing from everyone. Thanks.

Core Lokt

Yep, NE Gadsden you need to be in the woods the week of Christmas until the second week of Jan. Other areas of the county are a little later.

florida boy

I have lived in Gadsden county all my life and I will tell you the north side of the county is just about over with the rut and the south is just getting started . They have been dropping like flies over the last week to the west of Quincy .

4HAND

Staff member
I'm south of I-10 near Hwy 12 in Greensboro area.

4HAND

Staff member
Gonna try again this weekend.

Posted from Gon.com App for Android

swamp hunter

[QUOTE=florida boy;I have lived in Gadsden county all my life and I will tell you the north side of the county is just about over with the rut and the south is just getting started . They have been dropping like flies over the last week to the west of Quincy .

Two Full Ruts in the same County...Dang:fine::cheers:

4HAND

Staff member
A Buddy told me last night he killed a nice 8 Tue evening & has seen more activity this week.